• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Given where we were in the first over after Pope got out, this is nigh on as good an outcome as England could have hoped. Yep, it's a road and very typical of what pitches Pakistan produce, but you have to deal with the situation as it is.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Given where we were in the first over after Pope got out, this is nigh on as good an outcome as England could have hoped. Yep, it's a road and very typical of what pitches Pakistan produce, but you have to deal with the situation as it is.
There were just signs of some lower bounce late on. I suspect Day 3 will still be flat, but could see things starting to happen on Day 4. I wouldn't rule out a result and England are still a long way behind with a slightly weakened batting unit.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
There were just signs of some lower bounce late on. I suspect Day 3 will still be flat, but could see things starting to happen on Day 4. I wouldn't rule out a result and England are still a long way behind with a slightly weakened batting unit.
Oh England are obviously still well behind, but I think the fear of a few people, myself included was that they would be a few wickets down at close. That it isn't is a bonus at this stage.

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
Sad that india dont get to play pak in tests we would kicked their ass and virat and rohit would have got few double hundreds and bumrah and ashwin few cheap wickets

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sad that india dont get to play pak in tests we would kicked their ass and virat and rohit would have got few double hundreds and bumrah and ashwin few cheap wickets
On these roads everyone would be going wicket less. Remember the first 3 days of the first test in Chennai against England in 2021? There are times when you cant conquer the conditions, no matter how good you are.

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
On these roads everyone would be going wicket less. Remember the first 3 days of the first test in Chennai against England in 2021? There are times when you cant conquer the conditions, no matter how good you are.
no jadeja/shami in that match. bumrah and ash bowled well. eng scored mostly vs nadeem/sundar

2024 had flattish pitches as well.

that 2021 match was the outlier due to injuries from the bgt.

no way pak make more than 350 against an indian first lineup on these pitches.

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
Bumarh and shami would have got revese swing. ashwin and jadeja are million times better then arbar and nouman. pak fast bowlers are useless. this pak team is medicore we would have trashed them badly

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
These kind of pitches definetly kill interest in test cricket. not saying preparing rank turners is right but these kind of roads kills chances of home team picking 20 wickets unless you have atg bowlers

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Excuse me being too lazy to look elsewhere, but why didn't Duckett open? And do we expect him to bat tomorrow?