• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kumar Sangakkara vs Steve Waugh

Who is the better test batsman?

• Total voters

sayon basak

State Vice-Captain
PS: He rates Sangakkara ahead of Tendulkar and Hayden.

Edit: Not joking, he really does that.
If Sangakkara is better than Tendulkar, then top 5 might be a bit too low for him. I don't think he is someone who would rate the likes of Hayden ahead of Tendulkar.

shortpitched713

International Captain
It would be unpopular but I don’t think it’s that crazy tbh

Hayden is the only name that looks wrong but apart from that they’re all arguably ATGs
Bloke scored runs at the top, innit.

As did Sanga at 3, the other big question mark according to the "consensus" name for position.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Miandad being in the tier of Tendulkar is a criminal offence.
Tendulkar kind of "breaks" my ideas of how I rate batsmen. He chugged away for so, so much longer than everyone else, which certainly gives him extra value that can't be matched by any other batsman in Test cricket history, but it's not the kind I can really asses without greatly reevaluating every other top batsman (Kallis also would get a sizeable bump from this).

The average quality at random point X in career of batsman from the above list are all as good (for the ones I put on his level), if not greater (for the ones I placed in the top 4 above him) than Tendulkar, in my honest estimation.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Tendulkar kind of "breaks" my ideas of how I rate batsmen. He chugged away for so, so much longer than everyone else, which certainly gives him extra value that can't be matched by any other batsman in Test cricket history, but it's not the kind I can really asses without greatly reevaluating every other top batsman (Kallis also would get a sizeable bump from this).

The average quality at random point X in career of batsman from the above list are all as good (for the ones I put on his level), if not greater (for the ones I placed in the top 4 above him) than Tendulkar, in my honest estimation.
Honestly think Miandad vs Kohli leads into better comparison, but it's your list.....