• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* England in Pakistan 2024

mackembhoy

International Regular
Quite pleased by this personally, means I don’t have to re-sign up to TNT for a while, which I haven’t done so far due to the Champs League being such a ****ed up format.

Does the updated Sky Sports+ app allow watch at any time?
Not that i'm aware. Hope so though.

I watched the entire India series as live via Discovery+ was much preferred than the early starts.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This has come around quickly, but really looking forwards to it. The 6am starts here are decent too. If I can get myself to bed earlier than usually than can get a full session in on WFH days before starting work

Hard to see anything other than 3-0 England

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks both. If the WTC schedule is ‘managed’ in this way it then seems even more odd that England are going to both Pakistan and New Zealand only two years after their last visits. Even if commerce was a deciding factor, due to time zones a South Africa series would be more attractive to U.K. broadcasters than a New Zealand one, for example.
India, Australia and England have a perfectly crafted out schedule where all 3 play each other once every 2 years. One opponent at home and the other opponent away. Then next cycle, swap the home and away around.

For eg, in the first cycle (2019-21)
Eng played Aus home & India away, then
Eng played India home & Aus away in 2021-23, then
Eng played Aus home & India away in current cycle.

Likewise for India, in the first cycle-
India played Aus away & Eng home, then
India played Eng away & Aus home in 2021-23, then
India playing Aus away & Eng home

Same thing with Australia.

Even the gaps are kept at pretty much 2 years apart. Border Gavaskar is exactly every 2 years. Ashes is also every 2 years. 2019, 2021, 2023, 2025, 2027. It is all perfectly setup.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks both. If the WTC schedule is ‘managed’ in this way it then seems even more odd that England are going to both Pakistan and New Zealand only two years after their last visits. Even if commerce was a deciding factor, due to time zones a South Africa series would be more attractive to U.K. broadcasters than a New Zealand one, for example.
The reason for England visiting Pakistan twice is because Pakistan had visited England three times in a row, in 2016, 2018 and 2020. FTP works in more or less reciprocal basis. So it makes sense that England are playing in Pak again.

New Zealand toured England both in 2021 and 2022, so thats why England are going to NZ again this year after touring just last year.

India visited Australia back to back in 2018 and 2020. Australia had visited India back to back in 2008 and 2010.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Each WTC a team play 6 series. For India, Aus and Eng, two series are fixed (against each other). So they have to rotate the remaining 6 nations over the 4 series, depending on FTP agreements and commitments. It is all driven by FTP. ICC is not making the schedule.

Last edited:

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
This has come around quickly, but really looking forwards to it. The 6am starts here are decent too. If I can get myself to bed earlier than usually than can get a full session in on WFH days before starting work

India-NZ and Pak-Eng at the same time. Considering how I expect the two series to go, it's gonna be a really good month.

We’re not looking in as good shape as 2 years ago tbf, would ecstatic with 3-0

Howe_zat

Audio File
England's batting should go alright but we have nowhere near the seam bowling attack from two years ago.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
England's batting should go alright but we have nowhere near the seam bowling attack from two years ago.
It's a valid point. Anderson, Wood and Robinson took 25 wickets between them at about 20. There was no weak link at all.

Having said that, I think Atkinson and Potts could form a strong unit and our spin options look stronger than last time (Bashir being better than either Rehan/Jacks who supported Leach).

mackembhoy

International Regular
It's a valid point. Anderson, Wood and Robinson took 25 wickets between them at about 20. There was no weak link at all.

Having said that, I think Atkinson and Potts could form a strong unit and our spin options look stronger than last time (Bashir being better than either Rehan/Jacks who supported Leach).
Potts doing well on the India A tour is a good sign for this one. I wasn't sure how he'd fare away from home.

Issue over the loss of the seam attack is aside from the 25/60 wickets they took.

They all went under 3 an over as well, which non of the spinners managed. Root was the most economical.

As our seam attack isn't as strong puts more pressure on the spinners now.

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
Potts doing well on the India A tour is a good sign for this one. I wasn't sure how he'd fare away from home.

Issue over the loss of the seam attack is aside from the 25/60 wickets they took.

They all went under 3 an over as well, which non of the spinners managed. Root was the most economical.

As our seam attack isn't as strong puts more pressure on the spinners now.
Your spinners are also inexperienced bar Leach