• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rahul Dravid vs Ravichandran Ashwin

Who is the better test cricketer?

• Total voters

kyear2

International Coach
Fielding and catching was always a tertiary skill. You even agreed the captaincy itself impacts the results of around 15 percent of games, meaning that fielding is behind even that.

Are you still trying to calculate runs for dropped catches?

Completely untrue. Especially in the case of Sobers.

God no.

And re the last part, it's my opinion, and we'll just agree to disagree.

kyear2

International Coach
I don't see why I shouldn't call out your nonsense. Do you want to be coddled?
You're just as bad though, lol.

salty's extra salty whenever Pak suck and unfortunately that has been happening a tad too frequently in the last couple of years.
Or doesn't change the fact that some of what he says about Ashwin is true.

Everyone talks up how unhelpful overseas conditions are for him (while btw completely overlooking how absolutely helpful his home conditions are), but that's how it's always been. It's what Lillee and Weekes are consistently criticized for, being unable to perform in said conditions. Lillee though, never really got the chance to for the most part, Ash is more akin to Weekes and Walcott, where he just hasn't performed as well.

Subz being a prick does change that.

ma1978

International Debutant
I have the conclusion that Subz is from Kumbakonam not Karachi, and indulges in this to foster even more effusive praise for Ashwin

subshakerz

International Coach
You mean to guy who over the weekend started a poll just for the sole purpose of having his favorite player be mentioned, then when he wasn't, he "subtlety" brought him up himself?
Except I didn't.

God no.

And re the last part, it's my opinion, and we'll just agree to disagree.
Do you still hold your opinion that dropped catches should be translated into runs?

Last edited: