• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2024/25

Niall

International Coach
That's not a red card ,. but good result that for Utd, the game is done and hopefully the suspension is reviewed and increased to 6 months.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Casemiro on and a goal from a giveaway. Who didn’t see that coming. ETH can’t be suprised at that. He just can’t.

Tangles

I still don’t get the point of Mount. Erikson can pass and Casemiro is a goal threat despite his defensive issues. Mount just disappears.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was a Spurs blogger annoyed at the "Spursy" tag that he reckoned comes from that Ferguson comment, who said perhaps Ange should say it about United nowadays.

Doesn't quite work though, as **** as United are they do still occasionally fluke a cup.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still don’t get the point of Mount. Erikson can pass and Casemiro is a goal threat despite his defensive issues. Mount just disappears.
Imagine Chelsea got 15 million more in that transfer than they paid for Cole Palmer.

Tangles

Other teams clearly attack the space in front of United’s fullbacks where the wingers don’t track back. It’s easy to get overloads. Antony will track but gives you nothing going forward. The front 4 get disconnected even with 2 DMs and I’m not sure if it’s the players or also coaching. Some of it has to be coaching.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There's plainly something beyond players/coaches that's afoot here.

Utd have had 5 different coaches and (apparently) have used more than 70 new players (i.e., almost the equivalent of 7 entirely fresh teams) since Fergie jacked it in.

Blaming things on "the squad" as if this has been a single consistent group of players being disruptive through this period is disingenuous imo (the fact that a lot of Utd's recruitment during this period has admittedly been crap notwithstanding).

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Go on, I feel like a laugh
I'm totally neutral and I can't see how it's a red. If he checks it on VAR I think he'd change his mind given Bruno slipped then actually only made contact with his heel. It's a petulant attempt at a trip that goes wrong. But it's funny all the same....

There's plainly something beyond players/coaches that's afoot here.

Utd have had 5 different coaches and (apparently) have used more than 70 new players (i.e., almost the equivalent of 7 entirely fresh teams) since Fergie jacked it in.

Blaming things on "the squad" as if this has been a single consistent group of players being disruptive through this period is disingenuous imo (the fact that a lot of Utd's recruitment during this period has admittedly been crap notwithstanding).
I think much of the issue is that the players are actually not that good. Chelsea have signed ridiculous numbers, but you can at least spot some real quality in amongst them, they just needed to work out how to fit them in. But the Utd squad is a mess. What we are seeing now is a combination of averageness and apathy. A new manager might get a bit more out of this lot, but Top 6 (at best) is the most it can achieve.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think Chelsea are at all a good example of effective squad building and recruitment tbh. They've been all over the shop, but if you continue to chuck hundreds of millions around and just generally spend like crazy you're bound to end up with at least a few good players, by luck if not design.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Chelsea are at all a good example of effective squad building and recruitment tbh. They've been all over the shop, but if you continue to chuck hundreds of millions around and just generally spend like crazy you're bound to end up with at least a few good players, by luck if not design.
That's kind of my point. Utd have chucked millions around and have seemingly not ended up with much quality.

Mount replacing Mainoo after the Bruno sending off was very funny in so many ways....

Ali TT

International Regular
Never sure how genuine Mark Goldridge is (alias notwithstanding) but he genuinely looked like he wanted to cry in some of the clips I've seen from yesterday.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Never sure how genuine Mark Goldridge is (alias notwithstanding) but he genuinely looked like he wanted to cry in some of the clips I've seen from yesterday.
Isn't this the FIFA playing youtuber who spends most of his time arguing with children online?