• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia limited overs tour of Scotland and England 2024

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You'd have thought that they'd have learnt from bowling Jacks in the powerplay in the T20 WC match against these guys. Sheer stupidity, to an astonishing degree.

kevinw

International 12th Man
You'd have thought that they'd have learnt from bowling Jacks in the powerplay in the T20 WC match against these guys. Sheer stupidity, to an astonishing degree.
I'd be fine with Livingstone getting an over in the PP but Jacks seems to be the fourth spinner in this side behind Bethell even.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't like how often smith is falling over the ball like that and getting LBW. Not out there, but it seems like its started happening far more often recently.

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't like how often smith is falling over the ball like that and getting LBW. Not out there, but it seems like its started happening far more often recently.
Yeah his head ends up way outside the line of the ball so often these days

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be fine with Livingstone getting an over in the PP but Jacks seems to be the fourth spinner in this side behind Bethell even.
Quite. I'm not completely against spinners bowling in the powerplay if they are good enough, but not guys who are really part-timers. Especially when the same experiment went horribly wrong a few months ago. And presumably Brook was playing in that game.

Reactions: FBU

King Kane

International Debutant
Potts strikes and Short is on his bike, DLS could decide this series if the rain arrives so wickets will keep England in this.

They need to bowl their wicket taking bowlers now like Rashid, Carse and Potts and not bowlers like Jacks.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Potts strikes and Short is on his bike, DLS could decide this series if the rain arrives so wickets will keep England in this.
I think we need another 2 or 3 don't we? The Aus batters know this and are probably just going to keep Rashid out.

King Kane

International Debutant
England are trying their best to delay play, they need some streakers to help them, out.

It's not really the weather to be streaking though, you would need to be brave to streak.