• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia limited overs tour of Scotland and England 2024

CartyDurham

International Captain
The ease of boundary hitting in the modern day game is incredible

head marmalising Carse here

in the olden days I can remember when they thought 50 off the first 15 was rapid

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There is so much movement for the bowlers out there. I think we could all name guys who would have taken a hatful in these conditions. Let's hope the spinners make some inroads, or Aus will chase this down easily.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Early 80's certainly. My cricket diet began with tuning into the John Player league games when they were given a couple of segments on Sunday Grandstand. Usually used to go back for the chasing teams last 15 or so overs. If the required run rate was above 4.5, it was deemed to be 'getting away from them'.
The old nat west and benson and hedges trophies in chases once it got to a run a ball it was declared as a mammoth task

I can remember returns of 12 overs 8 maidens 1 for 15 in some bowlers analysis

CartyDurham

International Captain
Hmmm, Carse still strikes me as a bowler who will go the distance far more often than he is economical.
Usually goes for 30 to 40 odd in T20 for Durham

the idea England have with him is to replicate what Plunkett did for years pre 2019

I’m not convinced he is up to that level

King Kane

International Debutant
Smith catching Smith in more ways than one.

Neither are as great as Robin Smith though, he is still my favourite Smith.