• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***official***Bangladesh tour of india - 19september -12 october 2024

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja on 299 wickets. He will be the fastest after Botham to get 300 wkts and 3000 runs when he gets his next wicket this test.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing not to see Kuldeep once again, especially at his home ground!! :(

You don't need 3 pacers for a traditionally slow low pitch like Kanpur though they might get some wickets today but will probably be redundant come the 2nd innings. Plus no logic in needlessly playing all the seamers with the heavy schedule ahead.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Choosing to bowl first means that India may not need to bat twice (or for long enough the 2nd time around), which will ultimately save time and allow for the match to be completed quicker. And that's exactly what may be required given the bad weather forecast.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Shami hasn't played for a year. No guarantee he will be the same Shami when/if he returns.

Akashdeep is the closest thing India have to Shami at the moment. I would definitely play him in Australia.

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
The day is only comes against Lanka .

Akashdeep is better option for Australia tour .
No, Siraj is also good in spicy conditions. Was great in Cape Town as well.

More traditional SC conditions support Akash Deep though.

Anyways both will be on the flight.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Shami hasn't played for a year. No guarantee he will be the same Shami when/if he returns.

Akashdeep is the closest thing India have to Shami at the moment. I would definitely play him in Australia.
If we want to win in India, Shami firing might be crucial..... Hope he does

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Just heard the commentators say that Bangladesh team felt that Akashdeep was the most difficult seamer to face in the 1st Test!

Akashdeep > Siraj in 2024

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't understand why India didn't try Dayal if they were going to play 3 seamers here. It was a good time to check him out. Probably not going to get opportunities to test any bowlers in the coming matches.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't understand why India didn't try Dayal if they were going to play 3 seamers here. It was a good time to check him out. Probably not going to get opportunities to test any bowlers in the coming matches.
bangladesh has like 6 left hand bats

will probably play vs nz

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Bangbros should honestly consider playing a more balanced line up of left handers and right handers. I would probably go -

Shadman
Joy
Shanto (c)
Mushfiqur
Mominul
Litton (wk)
Miraz
Taijul
Hasan
Nahid
3rd seamer/spinner