• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
I don't get why Somerset picked Jack Leach and then didn't bowl him given all the other bowlers they used were seam up? Must have been worth using him for an over or two, surely?

I don't get why Somerset picked Jack Leach and then didn't bowl him given all the other bowlers they used were seam up? Must have been worth using him for an over or two, surely?
I wasn't about yesterday so I don't know for sure but had the teams already been announced yesterday based on it being a 50 over game so Leach maybe wouldn't have been picked for a T20?

I do agree though, seems strange to not bowl him at all given he was playing.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
I wasn't about yesterday so I don't know for sure but had the teams already been announced yesterday based on it being a 50 over game so Leach maybe wouldn't have been picked for a T20?

I do agree though, seems strange to not bowl him at all given he was playing.
It seems bizarre. I note Mackembhoy's post too re the previous games between these two teams but even so, if your seamers are being spanked it is worth a change up just to try to change tempo.

Poor old Somerset. They don't half have some 'bridesmaid' seasons.

Dickson and Vaughan did well to get them into a competitive position mid-innings but it petered out pretty disappointingly.

Glamorgan bowled well and certainly recovered brilliantly with the bat.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Poor old Somerset. They don't half have some 'bridesmaid' seasons.

Dickson and Vaughan did well to get them into a competitive position mid-innings but it petered out pretty disappointingly.

Glamorgan bowled well and certainly recovered brilliantly with the bat.
I wonder if Archie Vaughan is going to be handed an international cap of some sort by his dad in the next year or so?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder if Archie Vaughan is going to be handed an international cap of some sort by his dad in the next year or so?
He's one of three talented young English off-spinners isn't he, along with the current incumbent Bashir and Farhan Ahmed. I wonder whether Vaughan's superior batting will get him the nod one day.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
He's one of three talented young English off-spinners isn't he, along with the current incumbent Bashir and Farhan Ahmed. I wonder whether Vaughan's superior batting will get him the nod one day.
Vaughan, A looks to have real talent with the bat, almost regardless of what he does with the ball which is highly promising on its own.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Great shame that the final as an occasion was ruined by the weather but really why leave it so late in the season and why have it at TB not Lords?
it really is treated as the poor relation cp to T20 [which it ended up being] or the 100. The SFs were on 18th august, so they could have had 2 weeks ago at least when interest was still current rather than have it shunted to the end of the season.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Great shame that the final as an occasion was ruined by the weather but really why leave it so late in the season and why have it at TB not Lords?
it really is treated as the poor relation cp to T20 [which it ended up being] or the 100. The SFs were on 18th august, so they could have had 2 weeks ago at least when interest was still current rather than have it shunted to the end of the season.
The whole domestic calendar needs to be blown up and all started again