• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia limited overs tour of Scotland and England 2024

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
On a positive note, Jamie Smith is the standout of the summer isn’t he. With all the Bairstow/Foakes hoo ha you have to actually wonder if we took the plunge a year too late - yes I acknowledged he debuted V Ireland last year
You might be asking the wrong bloke, as I wasn't even calling for his selection this summer. My opinion was that Durham's Ollie Robinson was the better pick as he actually keeps wicket in the CC as well as averaging something massive in the first part of the season.

Would Smith have been a better bet that Bairstow or Foakes last summer and in India? I dunno. I'm inherently pretty conservative about these things, so I'm happy that he's had another year to mature rather than being thrown in against the Australians last sumer.

And look what you've done now! Seems unnecessary when they need 5.6 an over, but there you go.
Game over you'd think, by a mile. Again.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There are another three of these games to come.
I remember us losing 0-5 at home to SL back in 2006. Has it happened since then?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It would have been nice if there was another team in this series to make it be a triangular series. Aussies deserve better.
Do you remember when England played triangular series with Australia and Australia's 2nd XI? Maybe that was before your time.

More relevantly, including Ireland and only playing each team thrice would have been more interesting.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Do you remember when England played triangular series with Australia and Australia's 2nd XI? Maybe that was before your time.

More relevantly, including Ireland and only playing each team thrice would have been more interesting.
Assuming there’s still a T20 series I guess you’re never fitting that in. Inviting Ireland over for tri-series would be good though. Could put the neutral games in some of the smaller grounds

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yes, this was clearly before my time. The idea of a triangular series in 2024 is close to dead.

King Kane

International Debutant

Australia and Australia A which was their next best ODI team, they ended up playing against each other in the finals of that ODI series.

They did it because they didn't think England or Zimbabwe would be competitive enough but it backfired when people supported the Australia A team.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Australia and Australia A which was their next best ODI team, they ended up playing against each other in the finals.

They did it because they didn't think England or Zimbabwe would be competitive enough but it backfired when people supported the Australia A team.
Do you know if they did it when any other teams toured? The only time they did it against England was the 1994/95 season that I posted.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Australia and Australia A which was their next best ODI team, they ended up playing against each other in the finals.

interesting. in England they love supporting an underdog as the underdog is usually not very good and can cause fans to relate.

Australian underdog here is still an absolute gun. a country of mad obnoxious winners. you've got to respect it.