• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***official***Bangladesh tour of india - 19september -12 october 2024

Aritro

International Regular
We usually follow up a good batting spell by losing about 3 wickets in 10 overs straight after the break so I'm going to savour this score while I can. Signs of turn now are ominous as well.

Aritro

International Regular
That is such a soft soft dismissal, FMD. Completely innocuous ball with an easy two on offer in the leg side and he loops it to Gill. He dived forward but that's an easy catch.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ok.. I am planning to take my 6 year old daughter to the game tomorrow but the problem is we really can make it only at the start of the 2nd session. Is it worth it getting a day's tickets for a pretty high price (it costs about 10 times more than the best movie hall ticket, for comparison) just to watch what will most likely be a session or less of test cricket?

Of course, my worst fear is they get bowled out in the first session itself. :(

Thala_0710

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ok.. I am planning to take my 6 year old daughter to the game tomorrow but the problem is we really can make it only at the start of the 2nd session. Is it worth it getting a day's tickets for a pretty high price (it costs about 10 times more than the best movie hall ticket, for comparison) just to watch what will most likely be a session or less of test cricket?

When did prices for tickets to test matches get so high? I assume you are talking upwards of a thousand rs.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

Don't buy. Match won't last too long.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I frankly can't see Monimul getting dropped..... Probably one of them in MO can open??
We are living in the past with Mominul. Without digging much I can tell hes averaging below 35 in last two years or so. Hes holding up a crucial no4 position with mediocrity. Just not good enough except when the pitch is extremely flat @home conditions. He used to be a good player of spin but now he seems to be missing the line completely.

Joy and one of Zakir/Shadman to open followed by Shanto. I dont mind dropping both Zakir/Shadman and play Shanto as opener with Joy. Then Hridoy and Mushfiq at 3/4 or 4/5 followed by Miraz and Liton.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
We are living in the past with Mominul. Without digging much I can tell hes averaging below 35 in last two years or so. Hes holding up a crucial no4 position with mediocrity. Just not good enough except when the pitch is extremely flat @home conditions. He used to be a good player of spin but now he seems to be missing the line completely.

Joy and one of Zakir/Shadman to open followed by Shanto. I dont mind dropping both Zakir/Shadman and play Shanto as opener with Joy. Then Hridoy and Mushfiq at 3/4 or 4/5 followed by Miraz and Liton.
Yeah but your captain/ no averages below 30 by career. I don't follow Bangladesh cricket nearly as closely as you guys to comment; but is Monimul seriously worse than Shanto or the openers??

Arachnodouche

International Captain

Please flip off the camera so we know it's you.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Pant's a real hard nut under all that chub and impishness. Can't begin to imagine the work, physical and mental, he's had to put in over the past two years to get to this stage.

capt_Luffy

International Captain

Just take her to some good movie instead. Highly doubt she will enjoy much there, I certainly didn't when I first attended a Test match...... Infact, I may as well call that experience child abuse.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just take her to some good movie instead. Highly doubt she will enjoy much there, I certainly didn't when I first attended a Test match...... Infact, I may as well call that experience child abuse.
Haha I still remember bits and pieces of attending the 1987 tied test as a 3 year old 🤣. And she asked to go to see the game.