• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top allrounders to debut in the 21st century.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Holder is a terrible bowler though
Holder has got 8 5-fors and 1 10 wicket haul , from the all rounders who you had above him only Shakib , Jadeja , Ashwin and Philander took more 5+ wickets in a match .

Then you filter in he's got 3 test tons and 14 test 50's, plays for a weak side and juggled captaincy..

Plus Holder had an insane mini peak with bat and ball during 2018 & 2019..

680 runs @42.50
53 test wickets @14.23

2021 was his last great year in Tests with the ball though , 22 test wickets @22.77, given the lack of proper all rounders who could make their side as a batter or bowler I would say Holder has to be top 7.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Okay. He's a terrible bowler in NZ and Australia.

I still think CDG, Oram, Hafeez, and Watson are ahead of him as they are all much much better with the bat and adequate with the ball.

Last edited:

Coronis

International Coach
Comes down to Shakib and Jadeja. Shakib wins. One of 3 players to score a century and take a 10’fer in the same match.

Majestic

U19 Vice-Captain
Jadeja
Stokes
Shakib

That's top 3. Rest are more like bowling all rounders or batting all rounders. Ashwin is arguably a better test cricketer than any of these all rounders though.

Migara

International Coach
Shakib
Jadeja
Stokes
Holder
Green

would be my top picks as AR.

Players wise Ashwin, Shakib and Jadeja are the most impactful.

Molehill

International Captain
Surely, Broad needs a mention here. Yeah, his batting tailed off, but he was a real all rounder to begin with as his Test ton proved. Could also include Swann too who would easily have been good enough to bat 8 were he not behind Bresnan and Broad.