• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***official***Bangladesh tour of india - 19september -12 october 2024

Aritro

International Regular
Couldn't care less about seeing Jaiswal do his budget SRK celebration twice in one innings but a flat wicket does take BD entirely out of the game, which I'm all for.
You reckon? It's the only thing that gives us any chance of taking it past three days usually. If there's life in it then 200 starts feeling like an achievement.

Slifer

International Captain
Rohit (c)
Jaiswal
Gill
Virat
Pant (wk)
Rahul/Sarfraz
Jaddu
Ash
Kuldeep/Axar/Akashdeep
Bumrah
Siraj

Expect Bumrah to not play the second test and I kinda hope Dayal gets a go in one of these two games. It would be good to see a left arm seamer in the mix for us.
What if weather intervenes and somehow the 1st test is drawn. Does he play the second test then??

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Boom shouldnt have been in the squad no disrespect to bangladesh but better he should have been rested
I don't think there is too much risk in playing a test now. He will get into Test match fitness sooner, which would be good, after 2 months of no cricket! Also if he does pick a small injury, he will maybe have time to recover.

If he were to not play any cricket until later in October vs NZ, then he would be going 3+ months without cricket. Coming back after a longer break does increase your chances of start of season injury. Then it will be a short turnaround till Aus tour.

govinda indian fan

U19 12th Man
I don't think there is too much risk in playing a test now. He will get into Test match fitness sooner, which would be good, after 2 months of no cricket! Also if he does pick a small injury, he will maybe have time to recover.

If he were to not play any cricket until later in October vs NZ, then he would be going 3+ months without cricket. Coming back after a longer break does increase your chances of start of season injury. Then it will be a short turnaround till Aus tour.
Right but there is lot of cricket coming up nz series bgt eng odi series champions trophy ipl wtc final if we make it and eng tour

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Right but there is lot of cricket coming up nz series bgt eng odi series champions trophy ipl wtc final if we make it and eng tour
If spinners get assistance and do a good job, then Bumrah might not even bowl many overs this match. So it could turn out to be a good little warmup match for him to get into the Test season.

I am sure he will be rested for any bilateral odi series (in January).