• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia limited overs tour of Scotland and England 2024

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF, connolly has only played at #9 because Australia had noene else to select in those 2 games without messing up their rotation plans for the bowlers from what i've seen, don't think he's being seriously considered for the ashton agar type role.
Yeah I'm aware, like I said he's a batsman. Just using it as an example why batdeep isn't that useful in T20s, not saying "selectors bad they pick him as bowler"

Qlder

International Debutant
With the rain about I thought I'd ask can there be a more even result in T20I than Australia v England?

26 games - Aus 12 wins, Eng 12 wins (2 N/R)

6 series of more than 1 match
- Eng 2 series wins
- Aus 2 series wins
- 2 series drawn

Now 1-1 in this series and looking like another drawn series due to rain...

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Buttler out of the ODIs. Brook to captain, Livingstone called up to squad. I was hoping they’d pick Joverton just for Molehill’s reaction :ph34r:

And for those waiting on today’s game. I’m still sat at home as it stands. If news of a toss arrives I guess I’ll call my brother for that lift. Seems highly unlikely

LangleyburyCCPlayer

U19 Vice-Captain
Buttler out of the ODIs. Brook to captain, Livingstone called up to squad. I was hoping they’d pick Joverton just for Molehill’s reaction :ph34r:

And for those waiting on today’s game. I’m still sat at home as it stands. If news of a toss arrives I guess I’ll call my brother for that lift. Seems highly unlikely
Perhaps with an eye to captaining the Test side one day?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Even if we get on now it’ll be a silly S7 game or something at best I’d have thought. Glad I wasn’t travelling on train today

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
I think 5 overs is the minimum for a 'match' but perhaps they could have a superover to decide the series if the rain ever stops ;)

Nicky

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Difficult to pick England's XI for ODIs... They have a strange team. Not a lot of experience... Some of them don't seem to be the best pick for this format...
Not sure about Salt, Jacks and Cox for example... (Cox has played 4 List A innings with a high score of 46).
Who will be at number 3 ?
On the other side, I think those should be in the XI : Duckett, Smith, Brook, Livingstone, Bethell, Rashid, Archer, Atkinson

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone else peeved that root can sit this ODI series out and still be in the conversation for the CT and 27 WC? Since the 2019 wc he's averaged 30 in ODIS with no hundreds over a decent sample.

govinda indian fan

U19 Debutant
Anyone else peeved that root can sit this ODI series out and still be in the conversation for the CT and 27 WC? Since the 2019 wc he's averaged 30 in ODIS with no hundreds over a decent sample.
Root is must because imo England need somebody to provide stability among bazballers and be sheet anchor in top order

LangleyburyCCPlayer

U19 Vice-Captain
Too important to pick for bilateral series either side of Test series, too important not to pick him for the big ones. Still, at least he gets the chance to get a feel for 50 over cricket with his county…oh wait

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Should have played more ODIs in the last cycle but sitting this one out is probably sensible given the Pakistan tour starts in a few weeks and I’m not sure there’s a better option?

If he wants to keep going to the next WC, then he should be picked. But defo needs to play them more regularly going forwards. Be interesting to see how things go with Baz as overall coach

LangleyburyCCPlayer

U19 Vice-Captain
Should have played more ODIs in the last cycle but sitting this one out is probably sensible given the Pakistan tour starts in a few weeks and I’m not sure there’s a better option?

If he wants to keep going to the next WC, then he should be picked. But defo needs to play them more regularly going forwards. Be interesting to see how things go with Baz as overall coach
Because of his Test commitments, the only 50 over games he’ll have the opportunity to play in before the Champions Trophy are 3 ODIs in India in February (we have an ODI series in the West Indies that starts days after the Test series in Pakistan finishes). Will never happen of course, but since they all get plenty of T20 all over the globe, surely shouldn’t we place more of an emphasis on bilateral 50 over games so that the players will get a feel for the format rather than turning up cold at major tournaments? Brook is captain for the series, and how many 50 over games has he played in his life?