• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Don't do them in County games. But surely a 9fer trumps a 270? Plus he got 3 more in the first innings.
I didn't know that!

Tough call... 12 match wickets vs the 279.... I could argue the case for either. It's a batter's game though

tony p

State Regular
So Tom Banton injured his ankle playing football in the warm up yesterday.
Any chance the players could actually warm up by playing .. I don't know, maybe cricket. 8-)

How often do you see Premier League footballers practicing their slip catching before a match.
It's absolutely farcical what happens, but you reap what you sew.

chris.hinton

International Captain
So Tom Banton injured his ankle playing football in the warm up yesterday.
Any chance the players could actually warm up by playing .. I don't know, maybe cricket. 8-)

How often do you see Premier League footballers practicing their slip catching before a match.
It's absolutely farcical what happens, but you reap what you sew.
Cricketers have always done this

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Don't do them in County games. But surely a 9fer trumps a 270? Plus he got 3 more in the first innings.
Bedders with our highest ever indiviual score and part of our highest ever partnership.

A difficult one in the event there was such an award.

Molehill

International Captain
Bedders with our highest ever indiviual score and part of our highest ever partnership.

A difficult one in the event there was such an award.
I was kind of thinking what happens more in Cricket, someone scoring 250+ or someone taking a 9fer? I would assume the 250 is more common.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Surrey will be happy with a draw

Worcester and Warwick has ended in a draw. Happy with the result we should be ok now in surviving in the division

Molehill

International Captain
Middlesex losing to Glos means Sussex will need a couple of almighty thrashings to not be playing in Div 1 next season.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Clark gone for a 47 ball duck.
Surrey 9 down. Would've probably been easier to have tried to chase it down.
That's my take on it too, as it was this morning when I saw how slowly they were scoring. But leaving that aside, it has to be great to see yet another teenage spinner doing so well. And it should set up a decent finale to the CC. Let's hope the rain doesn't decide it one way por another.

That's my take on it too, as it was this morning when I saw how slowly they were scoring. But leaving that aside, it has to be great to see yet another teenage spinner doing so well. And it should set up a decent finale to the CC. Let's hope the rain doesn't decide it one way por another.

Dare I say that Somerset are favourites now? You'd have to fancy them to take care of Lancashire next. Surrey have to go to Chelmsford last game and Durham are not an easy proposition with Lees, Bedingham, Ackermann in the top order and Potts fresh from a 9 for.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Tables

Division 1

1. Surrey 198
2. Somerset 190
3. Hampshire 171
4. Essex 160
5. Durham 140
6. Worcestershire 139
7. Warwickshire 124
8. Nottinghamshire 118