• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Somerset have recovered well to set what'll be a challenging target on this pitch. Tomorrow should be great for the neutrals. I suspect that Overton's innings will prove to have been be the clincher.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Update:
Bedingham v Lancashire in 2024
101, 103 & 279 so 483 average 161

even scored 102 today from 177* overnight.

Think that makes it 1205 for the season so over 40% of them against Lancashire.

Hameed reached 1000 today.

Molehill

International Captain
Somerset have recovered well to set what'll be a challenging target on this pitch. Tomorrow should be great for the neutrals. I suspect that Overton's innings will prove to have been be the clincher.
Surely it’s Banton barely able to stand up who should get the credit. No one thought he would bat.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Surely it’s Banton barely able to stand up who should get the credit. No one thought he would bat.
It is now. I don't think he hadn't come in yet when I posted previously. But also Overton. If he'd gone cheaply, Banton could hop around as much as he wanted to no great effect.

Molehill

International Captain
It is now. I don't think he hadn't come in yet when I posted previously. But also Overton. If he'd gone cheaply, Banton could hop around as much as he wanted to no great effect.
I was listening on my way home when Leach joined Overton. The commentators were calling it the final wicket to fall. Astonishing that he even went out there, let alone hung around and got runs. Also, surprised to hear he got a runner, wasn’t sure they existed anymore.

Will be a huge loss for Finals Day, in the form of his life at the mo.

tony p

State Regular
Update:
Bedingham v Lancashire in 2024
101, 103 & 279 so 483 average 161

even scored 102 today from 177* overnight.

Think that makes it 1205 for the season so over 40% of them against Lancashire.
Up there with John Langridge of Sussex in 1949.
Against Derbyshire in that year,
146 & 146no at Worthing
234no at Ilkeston
so 526 average 526.

Only about 18% of his runs came against Derbyshire as he actually scored 2914 of them. LOL

Yeoman

U19 Captain
Last year Luis Reece scored a hundred in each of the four innings he played against Glamorgan. 590 runs in all 56.3% of the 1048 he scored in the season.
A notable feat - aided by both pitches being very slow last year.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Last year Luis Reece scored a hundred in each of the four innings he played against Glamorgan. 590 runs in all 56.3% of the 1048 he scored in the season.
A notable feat - aided by both pitches being very slow last year.
Should still be playing for Lancashire, should never have been released.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Now 8fer for Matty Potts and Lancs 9 down.
Always think the minimum required in a rearguard action such as this is to face 50 balls. Only Bohannon, Hurst, Balderson and Phillip managed that. I guess Aspinwall might still get there or be not out. Jennings, Bell, Hartley and Bailey didn't last 10 between them. Hartley leaving his only ball to be bowled.
It will be interesting to see how Hartley reacts and is managed - by Lancs and England - after being discarded in all 3 formats by England.

Molehill

International Captain
Wow, 9-68 from Potts!! Have a feeling he'd have been quite useful at The Oval!!

Middlesex v Glos looking very intriguing. If Glos get home then Sussex all but promoted....

FBU

International Debutant
Wow, 9-68 from Potts!! Have a feeling he'd have been quite useful at The Oval!!

Middlesex v Glos looking very intriguing. If Glos get home then Sussex all but promoted....
He will be useful in Pakistan. Hope he gets the new ball.