• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

Howe_zat

Audio File
Most runs for England at #3. Think pope's doing fine. Pope obviously has flaws (nervy starter, not been great vs spin in asia) but the constant aura around his discussion of "Hes a few bad games away from being dropped" is crazy, especially given what England had before him. People forget dawad Malan,or johnny bairstow at 3 getting bowled through the gate over and over in Asia.
Mostly agree though Pope's record is pretty modest afaic. Not many on that list have a 200 against Ireland propping things up a bit.

I just find it hard to have strong opinions about him. He's fine.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Our attack just looks ropey as **** once you take away the Woakes at home h4x. Have high hopes for the likes of Atkinson but it could be a rough winter
Sadly true. I wonder if this winter might see the attempted rehabilitation of Ollie Robinson. Obviously not a like-for-like replacement for Wood, but we know he's capable of performing at test level. Albeit I have no idea how he's fared in the CC this summer. Maybe @Molehill to provide the necessary.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sadly true. I wonder if this winter might see the attempted rehabilitation of Ollie Robinson. Obviously not a like-for-like replacement for Wood, but we know he's capable of performing at test level. Albeit I have no idea how he's fared in the CC this summer. Maybe @Molehill to provide the necessary.
Don’t get him started :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Suspect they’ll be watching him closely in seriousness given how good he was over there a couple of years back

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
If a bloke averaging 180 in the County Championship getting picked for England doesn’t motivate Robinson to get his arse in gear, nothing will…

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The interview on Sky with McCullum is very interesting and he gives rationale behind them largely ignoring county stats