• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

Majestic

U19 Captain
Miandad is easily better than Younis.

Miandad averages 46 outside Asia while Younis averages 39. Both were beasts in India. Miandad takes it in my opinion.

Kohli is also better than Younis. He has played 52 tests outside Asia and has 13 tons there at average of 44.

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Miandad/Kohli
Sangakkara (wkt)
Jadeja
Imran
Wasim
Waqar
Muralidharan

kyear2

International Coach
Miandad is easily better than Younis.

Miandad averages 46 outside Asia while Younis averages 39. Both were beasts in India. Miandad takes it in my opinion.

Kohli is also better than Younis. He has played 52 tests outside Asia and has 13 tons there at average of 44.

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Miandad/Kohli
Sangakkara (wkt)
Jadeja
Imran
Wasim
Waqar
Muralidharan
I wouldn't say easily, and I have Miandad not that far ahead of Younis, I also think that Bumrah is better and a better fit than Waqar.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
I wouldn't say easily, and I have Miandad not that far ahead of Younis, I also think that Bumrah is better and a better fit than Waqar.
Doesn't have Waqar's output yet. Love Bumrah more than any other player, but it's premature to put him ahead of someone with 370+ wickets.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Miandad
Sangakkara +
Imran *
Kapil
Wasim
Bumrah
Murali

Younis, Kohli, Waqar unlucky.

kyear2

International Coach
Not sure, but definitely not greater.

Imran and Wasim are perfectly fine to open.
Didn't ask who was greater, nor had more output, you're trying to win a match and you want the best players to be able to do so, Bumrah does that more that Waqar.

Also @Majestic yes Miandad is slightly better away from home, but don't think it's to the point you're suggesting.
They're very much in the same tier as batsmen, in our last batsmen ratings Javed was 24th, Younis was 25th, and Virat 29*. But one along with Azhar was probably the best slip fielder to pace the SC has produced. With this attack and against the likely opposition, you need your Mark Waugh at 2nd, especially considering how close the batsmen in question are. It's worth it, at least IMHO.

Majestic

U19 Captain
Didn't ask who was greater, nor had more output, you're trying to win a match and you want the best players to be able to do so, Bumrah does that more that Waqar.

Also @Majestic yes Miandad is slightly better away from home, but don't think it's to the point you're suggesting.
They're very much in the same tier as batsmen, in our last batsmen ratings Javed was 24th, Younis was 25th, and Virat 29*. But one along with Azhar was probably the best slip fielder to pace the SC has produced. With this attack and against the likely opposition, you need your Mark Waugh at 2nd, especially considering how close the batsmen in question are. It's worth it, at least IMHO.
I am not suggesting anything, I am showing facts. Miandad averages 46 outside Asia, YK 39.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Miandad/Kohli
Sangakkara+
Jadeja/Kapil
Imran *
Wasim
Bumrah
Murali

confused about Sehwag, maybe Dravid can open and Kohli can bat at 3.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Taking off my hate hat and asking legitimately, why would anyone choose Sanga in a team as wicket keeper? He is a different beast there who only averages about 40 and isn't even the best keeper in his own team. Surely there are better keepers for Asia that would reward the bowlers better and then you just take Sanga as a pure batsman

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Taking off my hate hat and asking legitimately, why would anyone choose Sanga in a team as wicket keeper? He is a different beast there who only averages about 40 and isn't even the best keeper in his own team. Surely there are better keepers for Asia that would reward the bowlers better and then you just take Sanga as a pure batsman
Also solves the Miandad/Younis/Kohli problem - just pick Sanga
The real problem is who is keeper?

Coronis

International Coach
I’m in the Bumrah > Waqar camp
I don’t think Bumrah is greater than Waqar. But his skillset and international record fits better in a team with Imran and Wasim, covering their weaknesses.

Its that severe temptation to squeeze in a second spinner. Because well, Asia. Saves an extra spot allowing them to have 3 pacers and 2 spinners.

I agree though, we have to assume that his batting would be reduced in effectiveness.

I think at this point I’d go with

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Sanga
Tendulkar
Dravid
Younis
Keeper
Imran
Wasim
Murali
Bumrah

capt_Luffy

International Captain
If we are going for an keeper, I will probably go with Engineer. Solves the opening problem in SEN, somewhat. Though will probably still prefer Sangakkara, an Asian team really needs a second spinner. And like, I truly believe, mostly with his ODI peak coinciding with his Test one and him always keeping there, that it was more him hitting his peak than keeping load, though waving off the latter also will be wishful nonsense.

Coronis

International Coach
Say the premise is, Asia XI vs ROW XI

8 test series, (Aus, Eng, SA, WI, NZ, IND, PAK, SL) would you pick two spinners for the series?

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Say the premise is, Asia XI vs ROW XI

8 test series, (Aus, Eng, SA, WI, NZ, IND, PAK, SL) would you pick two spinners for the series?
I honestly think there should be equal matches in Asia and in SENAW. Make it 10 Tests and add 2 Tests in Bangladesh and UAE, in which case I definitely will as the success in 40-50% of places is dependent on spinners.