• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
It looks as though the Gloucestershire - Northants match might be abandoned because of a dangerous pitch. Two Northants batters have been struck nasty blows on the hand already.
Now officially abandoned as a draw. Seems very unfair on Northants who had bowled Glos out for 125 and were well on their way to a convincing win. Surely Glos should be the ones penalised if they can't prepare a safe wicket?

kevinw

International 12th Man
On the spin front:

Amar Virdi playing for Worcs today, looking solid.

Rehan Ahmed's younger brother having a fine debut for Notts.

Now officially abandoned as a draw. Seems very unfair on Northants who had bowled Glos out for 125 and were well on their way to a convincing win. Surely Glos should be the ones penalised if they can't prepare a safe wicket?
Came on here especially to see why on earth The BBC had this down as a drawn match.

That does sound really harsh on Northants who are still bottom of the table and looking poised to build a winning score.

This fixture is cursed for them I think. They had Glos 60 odd for 6 before it was abandoned for covid reasons in the BWT in 2020.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Cracking performance from 16 year old Farhan Ahmed, who has taken four of the five Surrey wickets to have fallen to date, including three test batsmen.
Following up from 3/87 on his FC debut against Sri Lanka.

Ridiculous start to his FC career. Wonder if they'll be tempted to take both brothers to Pakistan

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Following up from 3/87 on his FC debut against Sri Lanka.
Ridiculous start to his FC career. Wonder if they'll be tempted to take both brothers to Pakistan
It'll probably happen at some point, but I don't see Farhan overtaking Bashir just yet. Others may be able to dig our other examples of two sibling bowlers in a tourng party. I can only think of a couple of Hadlees in the side that toured England in 1973.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
It'll probably happen at some point, but I don't see Farhan overtaking Bashir just yet. Others may be able to dig our other examples of two sibling bowlers in a tourng party. I can only think of a couple of Hadlees in the side that toured England in 1973.
We took Leach, Jacks, Livingstone and Rehan last time.

Bashir is now number 1 just wonder who we will take to support him.

They went with Rehan as a gut pick last time, so maybe his brother this time.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
We took Leach, Jacks, Livingstone and Rehan last time.
Bashir is now number 1 just wonder who we will take to support him.
They went with Rehan as a gut pick last time, so maybe his brother this time.
I know we're just bouncing it around, but Farhan will still only be 16, so I'd be astonished if he did tour. Unlike last time, we have a couple of guys who did well in India plus Leach. As well as Rehan's leggies, of course.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Apparently so. They get the draw points but Glos do not.
Yes - just looked it up:

"If the match is abandoned due to an unfit pitch, the home team receives zero points and any bonus points already achieved are rescinded. The visiting team are awarded eight points in respect of a draw plus bonus points already achieved."

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I know we're just bouncing it around, but Farhan will still only be 16, so I'd be astonished if he did tour. Unlike last time, we have a couple of guys who did well in India plus Leach. As well as Rehan's leggies, of course.
Maybe not but they picked Rehan off the back of 3 FC game and 9 wickets.

His victims were against Middlesex and Derbyshire. Hollman x2, Roland Jones, Reece, Du Plooy, Came, Aitchinson and Potts

Farhan has 7 from less than two completed innings against Sri Lanka and best side in England.

His victims Madshuka ,Matthews, Samarawickrama, Patel, Burns, Jacks and Foakes.

It's night a day the level of opponent when all but one of Farhan victims have played test match cricket.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely the Mohammads and Crowes.

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
Yeah, don’t see why the makeup of the spin attack will be much different to India. Farhan probably isn’t all that far off considering when his brother got picked, but I would imagine England will want him on another Lions tour or two before he gets picked for the main squad

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Yeah, don’t see why the makeup of the spin attack will be much different to India. Farhan probably isn’t all that far off considering when his brother got picked, but I would imagine England will want him on another Lions tour or two before he gets picked for the main squad
Hartley has barely played this season, might count against him.

Who knows with this setup.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Currans? Must have toured at least in a one day squad. Hollioakes? Overtons? Bedsers?