• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afghanistan v New Zealand - Only Test

Howe_zat

Audio File
Didn't know this was happening, nice

NZ squad

Tim Southee (c)
Tom Blundell
Michael Bracewell
Devon Conway
Matt Henry
Tom Latham
Daryl Mitchell
William O'Rourke
Ajaz Patel
Glen Phillips
Rachin Ravindra
Mitchell Santner
Ben Sears
Kane Williamson
Will Young

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't know this was happening, nice

NZ squad

Tim Southee (c)
Tom Blundell
Michael Bracewell
Devon Conway
Matt Henry
Tom Latham
Daryl Mitchell
William O'Rourke
Ajaz Patel
Glen Phillips
Rachin Ravindra
Mitchell Santner
Ben Sears
Kane Williamson
Will Young
Yes, we have 6 tests in Asia before England tour in November/Dec. The squad you've named above were also named for 2 tests vs Sri Lanka & 3 against India.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I saw someone post that SKY NZ are showing this...
Yeah I see it is listed on their website for sport coming up in September under cricket (along with CPL, (W)BBL drafts, and Scotland v Oz T20s). No mention of the NZ - SL tests yet but surely they'll get those rights too.

Last edited:

King Kane

International Debutant
Fox/Kayo usually show most of the NZ tests in Australia but I doubt they will be showing this one, I might have to find some dodgy stream to watch it.

sayon basak

First Class Debutant
What about the afghan squad? Is Rashid Khan in?
Edit:- ok, here's the squad:-
Hashmatullah Shahidi (captain), Ibrahim Zadran, Riaz Hassan, Abdul Malik, Rahmat Shah, Baheer Shah Mahboob, Ikram Alikhel (wk), Shahidullah Kamal, Gulbadin Naib, Afsar Zazai (wk), Azmatullah Omarzai, Ziaurrahman Akbar, Shamsurrahman, Qais Ahmad, Zahir Khan, Nijat Masoud, Farid Ahmad Malik, Naveed Zadran, Khalil Ahmad and Yama Arab.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
What about the afghan squad? Is Rashid Khan in?
Edit:- ok, here's the squad:-
Hashmatullah Shahidi (captain), Ibrahim Zadran, Riaz Hassan, Abdul Malik, Rahmat Shah, Baheer Shah Mahboob, Ikram Alikhel (wk), Shahidullah Kamal, Gulbadin Naib, Afsar Zazai (wk), Azmatullah Omarzai, Ziaurrahman Akbar, Shamsurrahman, Qais Ahmad, Zahir Khan, Nijat Masoud, Farid Ahmad Malik, Naveed Zadran, Khalil Ahmad and Yama Arab.
No idea why they aren't taking Gurbaz..... Also, is Rashid injured?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Mon, 09 Sep '24
Only Test • Greater Noida, September 09 - 13, 2024, Afghanistan v New Zealand
They should schedule a second test so that I can complain about there not being a third. Also why aren't Afghanistan part of the WTC.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Weather and pitch sound terrible according to cricinfo. Match due to start in about 90 mins, so I really hope it does.

Chubb

International Regular
Cricinfo said it was raining all week but looking good for play this morning fingers crossed.

If Sky NZ have the rights, it would usually be on Kayo in Aus but I can't see it there at the moment. Is there a live stream?

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
What is the NZ side looking like?

Conway
Latham
Kane
Ravindra
Nicholls Mitchell
Blundell +
Phillips
Macewell
Santner
Henry
Southee*

with Young, O'Rourke, Sears, and Ajaz on the side would be my go. But if the spin quartet transpires Ajaz will surely feature.

Realistically, I think O'Rourke will enter for Macewell.