• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Countries you wish were really good at/really cared about cricket

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
USA and Japan for me

Japan because I love watching them play soccer so I assume they'd bring something new to Cricket as well.

USA just because it's the bloody USA. Imagine if they became a force in cricket, I'm not talking have it replace baseball but have it at least like MLS is to NFL. Imagine a world cup over there, dat money and media coverage
Yet, the opportunity of the t20 WC being part staged in the US was wasted. By all accounts, they were only chasing the rich expat Indian community to pay a fortune to watch games. Funnily enough I chatted about that with a mate of Pakistani origin. He went over for the Ind-Pak match and was astonished to find out the ticket prices. He hardly disagreed with my musing that I said just above. I have cousins who live over in the US, and although hardly struggling, they weren't going to pay a fortune to watch the game.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
China..

When the Chinese like something they invest in it and take it seriously till it dominates on a world stage.

LangleyburyCCPlayer

U19 Vice-Captain
China..

When the Chinese like something they invest in it and take it seriously till it dominates on a world stage.
They hardly left their mark on the world of football, slightly more on the world of basketball, but who knows, maybe one day cricket will be at the centre of a huge drive to form friendlier ties with India, will probably be easier to get a foothold in the world of cricket if they take it seriously

Silver Silva

International Debutant
They hardly left their mark on the world of football, slightly more on the world of basketball, but who knows, maybe one day cricket will be at the centre of a huge drive to form friendlier ties with India, will probably be easier to get a foothold in the world of cricket if they take it seriously
They are already are a part of our culture,

Test Cricket is basically putting Sun Tzu's philosophy into practice, although they might be heavily offended when they come to learn what a Chinese cut is or chinamen bowling 💀

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't recall this ever happening

It's not like competitive table tennis or badminton are dominant around the world

Last edited: