• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Countries you wish were really good at/really cared about cricket

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought no one in Argentina could afford to do anything like play cricket

Did they call the sport Malvinaball?

truthteller99

Cricket Spectator
japan china malaysia indonesia france germany spain korea russia ........most other nations have some cricket growth
But south america needs more help ..brazil argenina peru bolivia etc
Middle east Id say iraq israel jordan needs a boost....egypt its growing a bit
africa namibia its growing but needs help as does zimbabwe

cricket will always be massive and will always thrive as its so loved in massive nations like india pakistan bangladesh and also england s africa australia carribbean ....also huge in nepal and growing in loads of others like usa canada holland ireland scotland brazil argentina uae qatar etc BUT ICC must fight to protect test and 50 overs do not give in to the easy money and fast food cricket of t20 only

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I thought no one in Argentina could afford to do anything like play cricket

Did they call the sport Malvinaball?
Getting quality equipment is a huge problem due to important restrictions still existing and it’s obviously a very niche sport there run by just several clubs in CABA.

The club I visited had maybe 7 plus teams though

Not sure if you just wanted a serious response or were just sledging

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Just saw this. US, Ireland, Aus and NZ all favouring a different brand of odd ball shaped sports.

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
My country, Guyana, be representing South America in cricket. We should definitely have a team in the LA 2028 Olympics
Are there any details about how qualification will run for that tournament? Would be good to see PNG there and possibly Malaysia or Singapore.

And I wonder if Britain would include Ulstermen and Scots?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Are there any details about how qualification will run for that tournament? Would be good to see PNG there and possibly Malaysia or Singapore.

And I wonder if Britain would include Ulstermen and Scots?
I actually read somewhere this week that the ECB are talking with Cricket Scotland about whether any of their players would be included.

Ulstermen would play for Ireland

Chubb

International Regular
I actually read somewhere this week that the ECB are talking with Cricket Scotland about whether any of their players would be included.

Ulstermen would play for Ireland
Ulstermen get a choice at the Olympics in other sports AFAIK. UK or Ireland. Maybe cricket will be different?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ulstermen get a choice at the Olympics in other sports AFAIK. UK or Ireland. Maybe cricket will be different?
Well I guess the assumption is that given they’d already play for Ireland in cricket on an all-Ireland basis, the same would apply for the Olympics. Seems unlikely someone would want to play for Team GB when they normally represent Ireland.

LangleyburyCCPlayer

U19 Vice-Captain
Well I guess the assumption is that given they’d already play for Ireland in cricket on an all-Ireland basis, the same would apply for the Olympics. Seems unlikely someone would want to play for Team GB when they normally represent Ireland.
There were 2 Northern Irish hockey players that played for GB at the Olympics, but they had to switch from Ireland to England outside of the Olympics, think the IRFU said that Northern Irish rugby players could only represent Ireland at the Olympics. Which Northern Irish players could get into a GB squad if allowed, Stirling perhaps?