• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Picking up on Nasser’s remarks I do wonder if Sam Curran gets a call up to the squad for next week

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
Now you are just being silly.

If you suggested bringing back Rory Burns I might take you more seriously.

Rory was made an escape goat for the last Ashes series failure down under.
I remember that series very well and Buttler was horrific with the gloves.

King Kane

International Debutant
Root and Woakes getting the job done, two id the last old fashioned cricketers.

Angelo Mathews another one.

King Kane

International Debutant
I was just about to say that Root was playing like a proper test batsman again and then he tries one of the those daft reverse ramps.

King Kane

International Debutant
All's well that ends well for England at least but Sri Lanka provided a contest.

If their top order can step up they will provide an even better contest next time.

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
All's well that ends well for England at least but Sri Lanka provided a contest.

If their top order can step up they will provide an even better contest next time.
If Sri Lanka can go from losing to a young Lions team to pushing the full England team like that in the space of a week, they have a very good chance!