• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I always ask why they don't have full outfield covers like they do in Sri Lanka.

This Q+A on Cricinfo probably answers it

RAJITH: "srilankans should have bring those grounds men and covers which can cover the whole playing area " Is that Andrew Fidel Fernando writing under a pseudonym? For what it's worth, Birmingham tried that with the legendary Brumbrella in the 1980s and 1990s. It was discontinued because of the fungal infections it produced on the outfield. Without getting too technical, when the prevailing conditions are clammy rather than tropical heat, allowing the surface to breathe is advisable. Trying wearing polythene underpants if you want to replicate this at home!

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah, I'm not sure it's even remotely confusing why Robinson isn't in the side at the minute. I would love him to earn another chance because his ceiling is huge, but he has only himself to blame.
But even after a crap period, he still averages under 23 with the ball. Not like he's a batsman whose batting average has fallen off a cliff.

Team Management should be sorting this out, letting a talent like that go to waste is as much on them as him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
But even after a crap period, he still averages under 23 with the ball. Not like he's a batsman whose batting average has fallen off a cliff.

Team Management should be sorting this out, letting a talent like that go to waste is as much on them as him.
Nah I am pretty sure this is entirely on him tbh. Look at the amount of folk who've come into this setup and thrived. If there's an odd man out, then I'd say you look at them.

Would love him to prove me wrong. Actually thought he got a bit of unnecessary stick during The Ashes. But that showing in India was atrocious

Silver Silva

International Debutant
County cricket is really strong at the moment, the selectors shouldn't hesitate to try new people..

Harry Brook is better at Tests than he is in County, Bashir is miles better in Tests, Hartley performed above his level in Tests, Smith had an impressive debut , Duckett had no problem coming back into Test cricket, Atkinson has looked amazing since debut ..

All this points to a strong feeder system that just needs opportunity.

Howe_zat

Audio File
We're getting Fernando from both ends this morning which raises two questions in my mind

- Has there been a new ball pair with the same surname before and
- What's going to be the impact of me posting 'We're getting Fernando from both ends' onto my non-cricket social media without context

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We're getting Fernando from both ends this morning which raises two questions in my mind

- Has there been a new ball pair with the same surname before and
- What's going to be the impact of me posting 'We're getting Fernando from both ends' onto my non-cricket social media without context
The test before this one?

Edit: Depends what you mean. Joseph and Joseph have bowled bowled together within the first handful of overs with the new ball ala the Fernando’s.

But Shamar hasn’t ever opened the bowling

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sometimes I get mistaken for an intelligent person, which is pretty interesting.
Actual opening pairs is an interesting question (assuming it happens in the second innings).

So far I’ve got Praveen and Vinay Kumar in ODIs…