• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

Howe_zat

Audio File
Judging by the met office forecast, the weather will probably take the morning session tomorrow and maybe a bit of the evening session today and Saturday morning. So we probably have the equivalent of a four-day game, which has been enough overs to get a result for Tests in England since 2014.

There's not really a good reason to deviate from normal MOs yet.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Judging by the met office forecast, the weather will probably take the morning session tomorrow and maybe a bit of the evening session today and Saturday morning. So we probably have the equivalent of a four-day game, which has been enough overs to get a result for Tests in England since 2014.

There's not really a good reason to deviate from normal MOs yet.
So we probably need to bat 150 overs across both innings to ensure a draw ..
That should be our aim

Howe_zat

Audio File
Karunaratne is one of those aformentioned players I'd take for England looking at the team sheet, good scalp

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Nah. SL are a real team with some good Test players that easily make this England side. They should be aiming to win.
I don't know a lot about these England players but most of the England fans on here have been saying this is an easy win for them, so we have to consider that there must be a reason to be that convinced of victory, plus a draw here wouldn't be a bad start since we've had very little prep and it's classic English seam conditions

Howe_zat

Audio File
I don't know a lot about these England players but most of the England fans on here have been saying this is an easy win for them, so we have to consider that there must be a reason to be that convinced of victory, plus a draw here wouldn't be a bad start since we've had very little prep and it's classic English seam conditions
I mean I was pretty confident England will win this, but that's not because there's a huge gulf between the sides, that's because SL don't have anyone close to Joe Root and the difference between the bowling attacks is mostly who's playing at home. I'd give them a better chance of winning a Test in England than West Indies in Australia for example and they still picked up a win.

~

Anyway while I was typing this we took another two wickets so what do I know