• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matches Played Draft

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Very tough choice between seamers in the 15-30 test bracket - am choosing one from the likes of

Ryan Harris
Fred Spofforth
Bruce Reid
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Bruce Taylor
Mohammed Asif
Charlie Turner
Stuart Clark
Charlie Griffith
Fred Spofforth
Mohamned Abbas
Shane Bond
Fanie De Villiers
Jack Gregory
Kyle Jamieson

but for longevity/durability and playing era I'll finish with

Peter Pollock
The sheer quality of pacers available from this section is astonishing.

Bitmap

State Vice-Captain
Okay, here are the orders for the mini drafts (based on sum of odd positions), people can start to pick:

Draft 1 (0):

@honestbharani (46)
Trundler (44)
ataraxia (27)
Cricket Bliss (26)

Draft 2 (1-15):
@Line and Length

Draft 3 (15-30):
@Fuller Pilch

Draft 4 (50-75):
Capt_Luffy (44)
@JOJOXI x 2 (35)
Bitmap (28)

Draft 5 (75-100):
@mr_mister (61)
Teuton (53)
Sayon Basak (40)
AndrewB (34)

Draft 6 (Any):
@Pothas (58)
Himannv (48)
Actually my previous pick, Hanif Mohammad, has played 55 tests so he comes under the (50-75) category. I should hence be in the Draft 6 after Pothas and Himannv having exhausted both of my (50-75) selections.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Actually my previous pick, Hanif Mohammad, has played 55 tests so he comes under the (50-75) category. I should hence be in the Draft 6 after Pothas and Himannv having exhausted both of my (50-75) selections.
Thank you very much for bringing this list mistake of mine to notice. I thought he played 44 Tests (probably switched up with his average). You are the last at the any slot then.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So I just need to pick someone who played 0 tests?

I will go with Tilak Verma

Honest Hunks

Yashasvi Jaiswal
Eddie Barlow
Simon Katich (vc)
Joe Root
Tilak Verma
Aubrey Faulkner
MS Dhoni (c) (wk)
Ravi Jadeja
Shaun Pollock
Wasim Akram
Kagiso Rabada

Team is full of batters and bowlers and insane depth. All kinds of spin, swing, seam and fast bowling available to exploit any kinda wicket anywhere in the world.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Doesn't Ashwin (100 Tests) count as my second 75-100 pick, with Inzamam (120) as my 100-120 pick (and Waugh as my 120+ pick)?
It could do. Both of them can fit in either slot. I guess the latter is much better for you. Then you have an any pick and you can pick now.

ataraxia

International Coach
Ben Brown (Sussex), 39-averaging batter and well above average wicket-keeper, the best keeperbat of all time never to play a test.

@Cricket Bliss

1 Graeme Smith* /
2 Allan Rae /
3 Jacques Kallis / o
4 Greg Chappell /
5 Dudley Nourse /
6 Vijay Hazare /
7 Ben Brown + /
8 Richie Benaud o /
9 Michael Holding o
10 Bob Willis o
11 Glenn McGrath o