• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, thanks Canada. Hopefully a gold in the women's 7's will shut up all the morons in the kiwi media whinging about NZ's lack of medals

Ali TT

International Regular
Some choke by Australia. Not sure Canada had touched the ball before their breakaway try on the stroke of halftime, then they dominated the second half.

Ali TT

International Regular
In terms of gymnastic events, the rings has always appeared superhuman to me, but I think the beam looks misleadingly simple on TV until you realise they're doing summersaults on something no wider than their feet.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
I understand that after Ellie S won her gold, she endured quita lot of bullying at school.
its a pity that her success has not encouraged more dwarfs to become sporting superstars.
maybe they need their own category in the paralympics.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Close to a bronze in the gymnastics, which isn't a bad effort for being down a couple of our good gymnasts, but mostly due to some slips from China/Japan.

Ali TT

International Regular
Aussie McKeown wins a backstroke gold. I'll give the convicts bragging rights when they do over a couple of yanks like that though. Great swim.

Brook's side

International Regular
Do Irish commentators ever big up Brits a little bit in sports events if there are no Irish?
Our commentators always seem to keep an eye out for the Irish.