• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic Basketball

shortpitched713

International Captain
The US team performance looking kind of dire, tbh.

I don't know how I feel about the chances of a LeBron led team, in 2024.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Team Canada and Serbia should be good to watch too. Amped af for this tournie

shortpitched713

International Captain
Comfortably the most talented team still though. Who do you reckon can stop them?
Literally anyone on their day.

We've got too many iso players, not enough elite catch and shoot and swing the rock type guys, which is crucial in the international game. Curry is of course elite at that, but he's older, and also lacks size. KD could be crucial, if he goes back to his Warriors days type play, but don't know if he has that in him right now.

Embiid also needs to step up as an important big, but he tends to wilt on the biggest stages. Also, would have been excited by Kawhi. For me the perfect player for Olympic tournament ball, but he's out now.

Ali TT

International Regular
I saw a rumour that only Nike sponsored players were "allowed" to be picked by the US, any truth to that?

Coronis

International Coach
Think USA will feature prominently tbh
Hot take.

I mean, I really hope USA lose.

First they lose in the World Cup, not even getting a medal, in the wake of another American Athlete (in T&F iirc) claiming that USA should stop calling their league winners world champions.

So everyone (particularly LeBron) takes all this as personally as MJ, and tries to select the best possible team and everyone gets hyped.

Them losing would be just awesome to watch, for ****s and giggles.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I was pessimistic regarding the Boomers medal chances but the warmups have me thinking we can pull this off.

@Aritro @dontcloseyoureyes and other Aussie ballers, let’s do this thang!
I'm usually the least patriotic person you'll ever meet but when the Boomers play I become full-blown Aussie man. I think Usman Garuba blocked me on Twitter after the game last night, I was giving it to him :laugh:

I'm still pessimistic about our chances of a medal - we've got no one who can offensive rebound (can't wait to play Giannis with the FIBA rebounding rules...) and all of our best players cannot shoot for ****.

But still - Patty Curry Mills somehow keeps doing it.

duffer

I'm usually the least patriotic person you'll ever meet but when the Boomers play I become full-blown Aussie man. I think Usman Garuba blocked me on Twitter after the game last night, I was giving it to him :laugh:

I'm still pessimistic about our chances of a medal - we've got no one who can offensive rebound (can't wait to play Giannis with the FIBA rebounding rules...) and all of our best players cannot shoot for ****.

But still - Patty Curry Mills somehow keeps doing it.
Boomers and Socceroos for me.

On last nights game I don’t get why Duop got no run? Magnay looked ass

social

Boomers and Socceroos for me.

On last nights game I don’t get why Duop got no run? Magnay looked ass
Call me unpatriotic but not disappointed to see Matildas lose as the hype was getting out of hand

Boomers looked good apart from a couple of stupid 3 point fouls