• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This from the Guardian's commentary of the event. I shouldn't have laughed.

As the horse is galloping down the river, symbols of doves are being shown. The Olympic opening ceremony doesn’t feature a release of live doves any more, which it usually did in a tradition stretching back to 1920.
However, to get the 1988 Seoul Olympics under way, a flock of doves was released into the stadium. When the cauldron was lit, several doves were flame-grilled live on TV in front of billions as they’d picked an unfortunate place to settle down and roost. We’ve avoided that tonight.

CartyDurham

International Captain

As the horse is galloping down the river, symbols of doves are being shown. The Olympic opening ceremony doesn’t feature a release of live doves any more, which it usually did in a tradition stretching back to 1920.
However, to get the 1988 Seoul Olympics under way, a flock of doves was released into the stadium. When the cauldron was lit, several doves were flame-grilled live on TV in front of billions as they’d picked an unfortunate place to settle down and roost. We’ve avoided that tonight.
Phew :laugh:

the horse has made it . Love a white horse me

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
btw what song were they singing about 20 minutes ago? The Guardian couldn't even bring themselves to name it.

howitzer

State Captain

Nom nom nom.

CartyDurham

International Captain
This set up looks a bit small time , considering previous Olympic ceremonies

hammering down with no cover

this could have been another Rishi soaking moment but he just missed out

we had the queen flashing her knickers parachuting in . Not a stocking leg or suspender on show 3/10

howitzer

State Captain
This set up looks a bit small time , considering previous Olympic ceremonies

hammering down with no cover

this could have been another Rishi soaking moment but he just missed out

we had the queen flashing her knickers parachuting in . Not a stocking leg or suspender on show 3/10
Agreed. Macron in stocking legs and suspenders would definitely have elevated it.