• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* The Hundred 2024 thread

mackembhoy

International Regular
Agreed Graham Clark's situation was crazy last year but it came about because the franchises have been allowed to replace at will rather than live within their squads. OK if they come down to below 14 might be fair enough to top up, but one or two matches at 15 should be survivable unless they have picked the wrong squad in the first place. And to replace Brook with Pat Brown underlines that they have drafted the wrong squad.

The fact that these replacements aren't in the MBC is neither here nor there. All they do is take (from everywhere and anywhere). Hurst and Aspinwall have joined the circus this year. They were in their County's Academy from 2019 to 2022. There will be other similar examples no doubt. The franchise could have set up links to local cricket during that period but haven't they totally rely on others to provide their players.
As I said I completely agree with the sentiment. I just don't mind if they replace players with players not involved in the One Day Cup.

Counties shouldn't be impacted once the tournament starts. Even if it's more beneficial for players to play as a replacement.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I believe the switch to city names was to get more "city cricketers" involved - a la football teams with city names.

Don't think it's quite the same though is it.

Especially with names like "superchargers" - last time I check it was something that made my phone charge faster

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I believe the switch to city names was to get more "city cricketers" involved - a la football teams with city names.

Don't think it's quite the same though is it.

Especially with names like "superchargers" - last time I check it was something that made my phone charge faster
Hopefully we might get some NFL team names soon...

CartyDurham

International Captain
Gong to have a watch tonight on the tablet

I’ll never agree with the ECB about this but I like watching cricket so it’ll be on

kevinw

International 12th Man
Good to see Saqib Mahmood back. He was brilliant on that away tour in the West Indies. Not sure he'll play any more tests mind.