• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Metro Bank One Day Cup

Being from Suffolk, I miss the Minor Counties being involved in List A tournaments properly. Can recall seeing a Natwest Trophy tie v Worcs. Hick and Botham featuring but the true match winner being the dibbly dobblies of Stuart Lampitt.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Being from Suffolk, I miss the Minor Counties being involved in List A tournaments properly. Can recall seeing a Natwest Trophy tie v Worcs. Hick and Botham featuring but the true match winner being the dibbly dobblies of Stuart Lampitt.
My mrs who is against most sport really enjoys when I describe a player as a dibbly dobbly when it’s on tv or at Durhams ground in Chester le Street

she then goes on to call most bowlers dibbly dobblies :D

My mrs who is against most sport really enjoys when I describe a player as a dibbly dobbly when it’s on tv or at Durhams ground in Chester le Street

she then goes on to call most bowlers dibbly dobblies :D
Have we had a thread on here to discuss the most dibbly dobbly bowler ever?

Vince Wells, Ian Austin, Mark Alleyne are the 90s stand outs for me.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
The 90s were I think peak dibble-dobbly-dom, in both England and New Zealand, before the modern trend towards flat one day pitches took hold.

More recently, Jim Allenby, Jesse Ryder and Ravi Bopara have dibbled their dobbles better than most. I consider Darren Stevens to have exhibited too much evident skill in his later years to be a true dibbly-dobbler

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When does a trundler become a dibbly-dobbler?

Then there is military medium which you never seem to hear these days. Probably quicker than a dibbly-dobbler.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
When does a trundler become a dibbly-dobbler?

Then there is military medium which you never seem to hear these days. Probably quicker than a dibbly-dobbler.
In about 10 years time. I gather he's trying to bowl fast atm. And convincing nobody whatsoever.