• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

King Kane

International Debutant
They’ll be looking to get the deficit removed in the 6 over power play at the start whilst only losing two wickets
The England batsmen need to get a tune up for The Hundred, that's what really matters these days, it's the age of cricket entertainment.

Old fashioned England test openers like Boycott, Tavare, Atherton or Cook have no place in this England team, none of them could play a ramp shot.

CartyDurham

International Captain
The England batsmen need to get a tune up for The Hundred, that's what really matters these days, it's the age of cricket entertainment.

Old fashioned England test openers like Boycott, Tavare, Atherton or Cook have no place in this England team, none of them could play a ramp shot.
Most of them don’t play in the hundred, which is another reason for it be binned . They get contracted but rarely turn out due to the ECB stopping them

most of them don’t play T20 as well due to edicts from the ECB, nor the 50 over tournament

and as for the championship, you could go a couple of years between outings for Test players

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
If england hadnt gone all bazball on day 1, they might be in a different situation. their own strategy
has let windies back into the series. the 70 runs for the last wkt has changed the game - i thought the
reason we chose quicks over the trad county seamers was so they could cut through the tailend charlies ;)

I expect batting for england to be more difficult in these humid conditions especially if they go for quick runs ala bazball

slowfinger

International Debutant

this current English Opening combination is probably ironically the best since Cook/Strauss combo

CartyDurham

International Captain
Do other countries when the ninth wicket falls, have the next over have 8 men on the boundary ?

I’ve seen it to many times now for my health

CartyDurham

International Captain
8 for 0 off 1.3. Good start to the power play

review for a run out , this would sum England up perfectly if Crawley is out here

and he’s gone :laugh: