• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's 100 Greatest Cricketers Poll

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Just my opinion but 100 Greatest Ever feels lot better than top 101. I would personally suggest having the guy with more vote at 90 and guy with lesser at 91 and then go for 9 cricketers in the last round to complete the top 100.
A very good suggestion, but as each round had 10 nominees, don't want to change that now. And tbh, I actually wanted a 101 list when I began..... So will keep it that way unless a few more regular voters asks me to do otherwise (still will be 10 votes just will rank 9, or wil ignore the last vote from everyone). So for now, vote for 10 players please.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
And now the Final round commences. Vote for the 10 best players remaining, remember it's their last chance to make it into CW's Top 101 Poll (also known as the Greatest accomplishment in the world of Sports). This round will be open for 72 hours.
I will start with:

Frank Woolley
Jasprit Bumrah
Alec Bedser
Kagiso Rabada
Clive Rice
Charlie MaCartney
Monty Noble
Vincent van der Bijl
Eddie Barlow
Zaheer Abbas

sayon basak

State Regular
Alec Bedser
George Lohmann
Frank Woolley
Graham Gooch
Zaheer Abbas
Inzamam Ul Haq
Kevin Pietersen
Alastair Cook
Chris Gayle
Mahela Jayawardene

Last edited:

Qlder

International Debutant
16 voters here. 45 players got votes. Some close rankings down the line, including a tie for the 90th spot. Decided to give one 90th and the other 91st and make it 101 in total.
Wasn't a tie for 90th as Kumble has more votes than Shakib. Rules have been clear throughout that if a tie the player with most votes goes above other player, so why change the rules right at the end 😞

If Shakib is as worthy as you think he would have been legitimately voted 91 anyway so don't see the point

Last edited:

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Wasn't a tie for 90th as Kumble has more votes than Shakib. Rules have been clear throughout that if a tie the player with most votes goes above other player, so why change the rules right at the end 😞

If Shakib is as worthy as you think he would have been legitimately voted 91 anyway so don't see the point
The points were a tie and the votes were the tie breaker. In ideal case, the tie breaker was to be used to rank one over the other when both gets ranked. The idea was the suppose points tied between two players for the 33rd spot, one with more votes will be 33rd and the other 34th, that it was to break only one rank, not rank one and not rank the other. When I posted the query, I made it well clear that the votes weren't equal and also didn't post the name of the players to avoid any biases, but the overwhelming consensus was still that both should get ranked. I am sorry if you felt I was breaking my rules, as that wasn't my intentions.

Last edited:

ma1978

International Debutant
Aravinda de Silva as 92
Sanath Jayasuriya
Arjuna Ranatunga
Hashan Tilakaratne
Charminda Vaas
Asana Gurusinha
Roshan Mahanama
Romesh Kaluwitharana
Pramodya Wickramasinghe
Kumar Dharmasena

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Alec Bedser
Brian Statham
Stan McCabe
Eddie Paynter
Doug Walters
Graeme Smith
Alastair Cook
Lance Gibbs
Ted Dexter
Zaheer Abbas

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Kagiso Rabada
Jasprit Bumrah
Graeme Smith
Hashim Amla
Mathew Hayden
Inzamam Ul Haq
Kevin Pietersen
Doug Walters
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Mahela Jayawardene

Jumno

First Class Debutant
My top 10:

Bradman
Sobers
Marshall
Tendulkar
Warne
Hadlee
Imran
McGrath
Viv
Hobbs

Last edited:

Qlder

International Debutant
Jeff Thomson
Doug Walters
Derek Underwood
Lance Gibbs
Stan McCabe
Bob Willis
Alec Bedser
David Gower
Dean Jones
Ian Healy

capt_Luffy

International Captain
My top 10:

Bradman
Sobers
Marshall
Viv
Warne
Hadlee
Tendulkar
Imran
McGrath
Hobbs
That's fair. But we have already ranked 91 players. If you are interested to vote, then please vote for players not already ranked. You could find the list of those 91 at post no. #380 (the last post of the previous page).

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
That's fair. But we have already ranked 91 players. If you are interested to vote, then please vote for players not already ranked. You could find the list of those 91 at post no. #380 (the last post of the previous page).
Is it only 9 players instead of 10 to list here then? I've edited one out in that case.