• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravichandran Ashwin vs Jim Laker

Who is the better test bowler?

• Total voters

subshakerz

International Coach
Laker's? Grimmett isn't that great either, Viv being overrated, etc. There's always a bias showing, which means it's not analysis coming through.
Lol I think you forget you're on a player comparison board. Not all opinions are going to be palatable to you.

ma1978

International Debutant
Dude, Ashwin averages 50 in SA, 42 in Aus. He takes 2 wickets a game in England. He has played 25 games in SENA without a single fifer.

Laker didn't have some great record away, but it was better than these sub-par returns that you are trying to put a lipstick on a pig on.

There is no misinterpretation. Ashwin just outright sucks in SENA and thats why I'm not voting for him.
Don Quixote or Sancho Panza?

subshakerz

International Coach
The logic you use is so bizarre that it doesn't make sense that you're completely neutral. There is no meaningful distinction between your posts and someone who's openly partisan.
This just sounds weak frankly because you don't like that I attacked someone you like.

Let's not make this personal and stick to our arguments. Mine is Ashwin in SENA sucks, yours is Laker is overrated at home.

Xix2565

International Regular
This just sounds weak frankly because you don't like that I attacked someone you like.

Let's not make this personal and stick to our arguments. Mine is Ashwin in SENA sucks, yours is Laker is overrated at home.
I really don't think you have a reasonable argument that holds up at all. Hence the question about personal motives because you wouldn't accept this type of posts in other comparisons.

subshakerz

International Coach
I really don't think you have a reasonable argument that holds up at all. Hence the question about personal motives because you wouldn't accept this type of posts in other comparisons.
Except I have pounded on Ashwin in SENA for over a year. If you don't want to take me at face value and accuse me of 'anti-India,' go for it.