• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

ripper868

International Coach
As well as McKenzie played tonight and his season generally, I think he's a better impact player myself.

I would have liked to see Plummer invested in, in the leadup to the next WC. It may still happen, who knows, but I doubt it somehow.

You would think he's the next go to after McKenzie and Barrett.
It does feel like this series is probably the time to throw him in, you know what McKenzie and the Barretts can offer, so would like to see him get some time next week at least.

Agreed on SR, was a great comp, but it's well and truly dead. Not sure what the answer is, particularly for Aus, as a national domestic comp would just be far too expensive.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It does feel like this series is probably the time to throw him in, you know what McKenzie and the Barretts can offer, so would like to see him get some time next week at least.

Agreed on SR, was a great comp, but it's well and truly dead. Not sure what the answer is, particularly for Aus, as a national domestic comp would just be far too expensive.
There’s a broadcast contract & RA can’t afford to break it so it’s a moot point anyway

James

Cricket Web Owner
I like to picture an expanded competition involving Japanese teams, a USA team, the Jaguares from Argentina coming back but probably not financially sustainable. But most of all we miss South Africa.

The $ are certainly all in the North.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I think I heard on The Breakdown, John Kirwan was saying World Rugby are in the initial stages of planning for a Champions League style domestic competition from 2027 with the best teams from the North and South. That would certainly be interesting and get some much needed $ into the game in New Zealand and Australia, and Pacific rugby in general.

ripper868

International Coach
I'm not sure there'd be the interest for something like that, I loved it in Rugby 08 on Ps2 with the 3 tiered world league, but not sure how or when you'd actually fit a champions league given the schedules of everything.

ripper868

International Coach
These team lists for Ireland and South Africa are not experimental by any means, plenty of experience in both sides, this is going to be a slobberknocker.

ripper868

International Coach
Wow. That was a special rendition of Nkosi sikelel' Afrika. The performer and music cutting to let the crowd finish it off (ala Scotland with Flower of Scotland) was really something.

ripper868

International Coach
It should be illegal to have Arendse and Kolbe on opposite wings, absolutely rapid - and really hits home what Social said earlier about the Wallaby wings lacking out and out pace.

ripper868

International Coach
Looks a bad one for Casey, hope he comes out alright. Snyman coming through on you as a 9 isn't easy. His head really hit the ground hard.

ripper868

International Coach
Wild game that, Ireland missing out by inches a couple of times, yet another good one to look forward to next week.

Molehill

International Captain
Southern Hemisphere 3-0 :ph34r:
Ireland definitely didn’t get much luck with the TMO. SA better team but could’ve been different.

Only saw first half of England game but clearly not much between those 2 teams (as I kind of predicted).

Can we move next year’s Lions Tour to SA or NZ, think it might be embarrassing. Can’t see any Welsh players making the Lions Team (probably not more than a couple in the squad).

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah not sure 12 months is enough for Schmidt to make Aus competitive, there just isn't the cattle.

Cracking atmospher for the start of this Argentina France game, love the ground. Love afternoon Rugby.

Brook's side

International Regular
After that dire football match, just wanted to give a shout out again to England's rugby team earlier today.
Absolute damn heroes. What a performance. Huge congrats to Borthwick for turning that side round.
Not a bad All Blacks by any means, England just took it to them. A similar showing next week would be an incredibly successful tour.
Well done lads, you did yourselves incredibly proud.

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah not sure 12 months is enough for Schmidt to make Aus competitive, there just isn't the cattle.

Cracking atmospher for the start of this Argentina France game, love the ground. Love afternoon Rugby.
Did any of this French team play in the 6 Nations? Seems very experimental…

ripper868

International Coach
Reading through the team list, I don't think so - Comms just mentioned there are 7 debutants in the starting XV.

Still a great game so far, Argentina giving it everything, France hanging on as hard as they can.

Kremer still a guy I'd love to play with, but never against.

ripper868

International Coach
Some skills that belong at the Euros from the French 9, took the gap from the lineout well. Arg actually luck he finished it off or they'd be down a player.

ripper868

International Coach
I forgot about that, again, despite James reminding me twice. Time to catch the highlights while France Arg is at Half time.

Edit: well worth the watch. some great passages, good signs for Japan.

Last edited: