• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WSC Records - How do you deal with them?

kyear2

International Coach
WSC records matters definitely. Below Test is not fair to opposition strength, ahead of Test wishful fantasy; I would say they are on par with Test. Though may I add so were matches like RoW XI vs Australia/England and to an extent the rebel tour matches and matches like bicentenary Test, etc.
Also, of course performance against WSC weakened sides should be noted for their respective level of strength, but downplaying them heavily is also equally stupid.
And of course, if the question is Test only; then they shouldn't be factored in. If the goal is to judge the quality of batsman in red ball cricket, then definitely.
I will again say, the test stats of the regulars that plundered weakened sides are less relevant to me, than the stats from WSC.

I already know you.disagree, but like literally everything else, we can agree to disagree.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
I will again say, the test stats of the regulars that plundered weakened sides are less relevant to me, than the stats from WSC.

I already know you.disagree, but like literally everything else, we can agree to disagree.
And I will say again, they are of equal value. Let's not go there for now....

kyear2

International Coach
Greg, Viv, Imran and a few others should get extra credit based on WSC performances.
Barry and Lillee are conspicuously absent.

They should get credit based on performance considering conditions and opposition, as they normally do. No more, no less. The idea that WSC was "superior" to Test is also ridiculous.
I agree not superior, very much on par.