• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FINAL- South Africa vs India (D), Kensington Oval, Barbados-- June 29th

DriveClub

International Regular
If they're going to bat dube at 8 could've just picked another all rounder to give some extra cover for the bowling

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Is Dube better than the other batters on Indias bench? I cant imagine so.

Caveat being I’m a stupid **** who only knows the Test players and couldn’t tell you Dube’s first name or pick him out of a lineup if my life depended on it.

so yeah, bring in Jaiswal.

Dissector

International Debutant
On this pitch I think India needs to target 180. If someone gets really going at the death, 200 is still possible.

King Kane

International Debutant
Nicely poised at the 10 over mark.

Looks like Kohli wants to play the selfish anchor role pushing ones and twos so Axar needs to swing for the fence.

reyrey

U19 Captain
What's with the Dube hate? I know he had a slow end to the IPL and had been lacklustre at points in this tournament, but he's not THAT bad is he? Been the best middle order bat across the past 3 IPL seasons, dominated the same AFG attack (BAR rashid) that made the semi's this WC and has played some important innings this WC (34 vs bangladesh, 31 vs USA). Even his 28 vs Australia was fine.
The small number of runs he's got this world cup have been at a poor strike rate compared to the guys he was batting with at the time. He's gone from being a poor performer to a liability in this tournament.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find this ploy confusing from Jansen. His line to Kohli is Bodyline-ish. And we've seen how much he's susceptible to the ball slanted across him.