• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

Third_Man

U19 Captain
Tage misses out. Mikyle Louis in...as we thought during the FC tournament...

Never crossed my mind as a possibility. But hope he plays.

The last time I saw him was playing club cricket here for Coc kermouth in 2022. 19 games 15 innings 345 runs, HS 81 BB2/23. Didn't set the world alight, 30th in the league batting averages, not in top 50 highest scorers (but didn't play full season) although the club were apparently interested in resigning him but transpired they couldn't.

Will be interesting if he and Stokes play in a test against each other, two ex-Coc kermouth players against eachother in a Test. Remarkable.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yep, I don't think we can claim grindball anymore, it's going to be a mix with quite a few pretty loose batsmen:

Braithwaite (grindball king)
Louis (moderately attacking)/Mcaskie (very aggressive)
Mckenzie (aggressive)/Imlach (grindball)
Athanaze (aggressive)
Hodge (grindball)
Da Silva (grindball)
Sinclair (aggressive)
Holder (quite aggressive)
Alzarri (ultra aggressive)/ Seales (quite aggressive)/Motie (ultra aggressive)
Roach (grindball)
Shamar (aggressive)

Beamer

Never crossed my mind as a possibility. But hope he plays.

The last time I saw him was playing club cricket here for Coc kermouth in 2022. 19 games 15 innings 345 runs, HS 81 BB2/23. Didn't set the world alight, 30th in the league batting averages, not in top 50 highest scorers (but didn't play full season) although the club were apparently interested in resigning him but transpired they couldn't.

Will be interesting if he and Stokes play in a test against each other, two ex-Coc kermouth players against eachother in a Test. Remarkable.
This does not bode well for us, but at least we know he has experience in English conditions.

Third_Man

U19 Captain
This does not bode well for us, but at least we know he has experience in English conditions.
He was only 21 at the time playing as an amateur, I doubt the pitches he played on would be anything like the Test Matches grounds he could be playing on this summer.

this site's filters may make it difficult to find that article as it adds *** the name of the club in the website page's address. But basically the local quote is:

Gareth White, a Coc kermouth opener who played alongside Louis that season, says that all the club is delighted with his selection.

“He has a great family back home in St Kitts and Nevis and his mum used to send the club messages thanking us for looking after her boy.

“Mikyle showed talent with the bat and he played some important innings for us. He had a great temperament and he was also a good fielder and a handy bowler.

“We would have loved to get him back in 2023 but Home Office rules stopped it, which is disappointing.

“Having him as an overseas amateur in 2022 is a perfect example of why the ridiculously stringent guidance around allowing young players the opportunity to broaden their horizons and play in the UK invaluable – not only for their game but the life experience.

“Since going back to the West Indies Mikyle has worked really hard on his game and is true testament to how dedication, commitment and belief pays off in the end ads his performances in domestic cricket have earned him this opportunity.

“Everybody at Coc kermouth cricket club is delighted and the lads are already planning a trip down to Edgbaston where hopefully they can catch up with the big man once again.”

Last edited:

Tennispro786

Cricket Spectator
So I think that putting Shai Hope as the limited overs keeper takes some of the batting out of him.

So for the next match, give the gloves to Sunil Ambris, and drop Samuels.

Bishoo is ineffective. Possibly the least effective leggie in the world at the moment.

Thoughts? Share.
I feel that someone in the lineup needs to be a 'floater', that can be used to fit into a role. A role meaning to adapt to a situation instantaneously.

The only player in the world who can do this at the moment is Moeen Ali

Beamer

Now the squad for England has been announced, here's my preferred lineup for Lords:

Kraigg Braithwaite (c)
Mikyle Louis
Kirk Mckenzie
Kavem Hodge
Alick Athanaze
Joshua Da Silva (wk)
Kevin Sinclair
Jason Holder
Kemar Roach
Shamarh Joseph
Jayden Seales

5 bowlers (including swing, seam, bounce and express pace). That's a decent attack for Lords.

The batting is poor, there is no point pretending otherwise. We just have to hope Kraigg hits form, Mckenzie and Athanaze reach their potential and others chip in.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now the squad for England has been announced, here's my preferred lineup for Lords:

Kraigg Braithwaite (c)
Mikyle Louis
Kirk Mckenzie
Kavem Hodge
Alick Athanaze
Joshua Da Silva (wk)
Kevin Sinclair
Jason Holder
Kemar Roach
Shamarh Joseph
Jayden Seales

5 bowlers (including swing, seam, bounce and express pace). That's a decent attack for Lords.

The batting is poor, there is no point pretending otherwise. We just have to hope Kraigg hits form, Mckenzie and Athanaze reach their potential and others chip in.
That batting between Kraigg and Joshua is as green as the greenest mango.

SillyCowCorner1

Reflecting on the team's lineup, I would consider adding Imlach to the mix. He's showing great form lately, and his fielding is outstanding.

SillyCowCorner1

This is promising,

Isai Thorne, a 19-year-old fast bowler from Guyana who took 31 first-class wickets in domestic cricket this season, will travel to the UK as a development player, but is not part of the main 15-man squad.

Beamer

This is promising,

Isai Thorne, a 19-year-old fast bowler from Guyana who took 31 first-class wickets in domestic cricket this season, will travel to the UK as a development player, but is not part of the main 15-man squad.

I think it's a good move, just like they took Seales to NZ as a 19 year old. It really helps.