• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FINAL- South Africa vs India (D), Kensington Oval, Barbados-- June 29th

Sunil1z

International Regular
Surya should watch his ODI WC Final Knock and motivate himself to play a blinder in the final . I know this is the lesser WC but not everyone gets redemption chance just after 7 months . Many people have to wait for years .

number11

State Regular
I will root for the Saffers but can't see beyond India. The side has everything. Deep batting, insane bowling (best T20 attack), mental strength and (seemingly) luck as well.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
I think India will win, but as RSA have never won anything, a change would be nice.
But I hope they can have a decent pitch for the final.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah especially after such a big win.

I am a little worried for India , Rohit has been gun but due to the nature of this format he is due a failure and Kohli is in poor form.
I'd like Jaiswal to come in , but I don't think they will switch it up to accommodate him so I suppose Samson over Dube will have to do.
Recall how Yousuf Pathan made his debut in 2007 world cup final. Hope they can be open to a move like that.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's got to be SA's time. They've had the much more interesting story this WC with them somehow pulling off close wins repeatedly. Feels right for them to finally win a tournament and for it to be against the new biggest chokers in the game.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
It's got to be SA's time. They've had the much more interesting story this WC with them somehow pulling off close wins repeatedly. Feels right for them to finally win a tournament and for it to be against the new biggest chokers in the game.
SA can certainly win it but I feel India have the better team all round. This will hurt India more than the wc final imo if they lose - against Australia in that final it was a 50 50 proposition particularly given they had lost both axar and hardik to injury which imo opened up weaknesses that were only exposed in the final.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Mostly because of inflation and unemployment plus anti incumbency. Honestly felt like every regime in the world would lose after covid. Partially surprised at him holding on to power
Nah , from where I belong a major reason for the seat loss is
1. Rumour being spread through WhatsApp that reservation would be abolished
2. Congress party distributing fake guarantee card of Rs 1 lakh per year if they come to power
Rest are mainly noise .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
60/40 in India's favour for mine.

Playing on the best batting wicket of the tourney is a good thing for SA imo, & I don't think the toss will be overly crucial with teams winning the same number of games whether batting first or last on this ground.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
India massive favourites to me. I don't think there's a huge amount between all the other teams, but SA have found a way to scrape past most of them. But India have done very little 'scraping', only the Pakistan game was close.

I hope SA win because the tournament has not been laid on for them like it has India, but I'd be surprised.