• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's 100 Greatest Cricketers Poll

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Re having white ball considered I think it adds an interesting mix to our orders and lists.

I expect the likes of Kohli, ABDV, and Kapil to rank higher than if it were tests only, and it will be interesting to see if the likes of Dhoni, Klusener, Bevan, Rashid Khan, Gayle, and Umar Gul get in due to their white ball exploits.

Northerner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Don Bradman
Viv Richards
Graeme Pollock
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Gary Sobers
Malcolm Marshall
Denis Lillee
Richard Hadlee
Shane Warne

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Don Bradman
Viv Richards
Graeme Pollock
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Gary Sobers
Malcolm Marshall
Denis Lillee
Richard Hadlee
Shane Warne
Don, Richards, Sachin, Sobers, Marshall, Hadlee are already in top 10. We are voting for spots 11-20.

Northerner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Don, Richards, Sachin, Sobers, Marshall, Hadlee are already in top 10. We are voting for spots 11-20.
Sorry my mistake, i havent read all the posts, apologies if i duplicate any others for 11 -20

Jacques Kallis
Sunil Gavaskar
Gordon Greenidge
Wasim Akram
Greg Chappell
A B DeVilliers
Brian Lara
Graeme Pollock
Fred Trueman
Denis Lillee

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry my mistake, i havent read all the posts, apologies if i duplicate any others for 11 -20

Jacques Kallis
Sunil Gavaskar
Gordon Greenidge
Wasim Akram
Greg Chappell
A B DeVilliers
Ricky Ponting
Javed Mianded
Fred Trueman
Alan Donald
If you wish you can put some of those in your top 10 who missed the CW consensus top 10 (such as G Pollock) in your 11-20.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Keith Miller
Shane Warne
Sydney Barnes
Muttiah Muralitharan
Walter Hammond
Len Hutton
Dennis Lillee
Bill O'Reilly
Curtly Ambrose
Brian Lara.

Bolo.

International Captain
Hammond and Pollock? But still curious if Goddard was really a top 20 type of player.
Gilchrist too. Plus my round one picks. I like ARs.

Goddard was a an opening bat, a front line bowler with a nearly ATG average, and had a long career. Better away averages in both batting and bowling than Miller and Imran (and pretty much everyone else with a comparable role by extension).

Putting him at 20 is fine. 50th would also be fine. Lots of ways to skin a cat in this poll, and he wouldn't have occurred to me this early if someone else hadn't brought him up.