• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's 100 Greatest Cricketers Poll

capt_Luffy

International Captain
You can define Greatness as you may seem fit; be it impact, consistency, peak or even innovation, in any way shape or form you deem fit. As for formats, its a 100 Greatest Cricketers List. You can take it as Test only, Test + FC, Test + ODI, Test + ODI + T20 + FC + Grade, only T20s..... Give preference to any format any way you may seem fit. Same for the primary skills, secondary skills, fielding, captaincy, etc. And again, it's All Time, so feel free to Vote or to not vote for cricketers who played before Test came around, or in the round arm era or under arm era. Vote for the 10 Greatest Cricketers In Order. The first place gets 10 points, second 9, third 8..... Each round will be open for 48 hours.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
I will go with:

Sir Don Bradman
William Gilbert Grace
Sir Garfield Sobers
Sachin Tendulkar
Sir Jack Hobbs
Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards
Imran Khan
Glenn McGrath
Muttiah Muralitharan
Sir Richard Hadlee

Last edited:

sayon basak

State Regular
My top 10 would be:-
1. Don Bradman
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Garry Sobers
4. WG Grace
5. Imran Khan
6. Jacques Kallis
7. Viv Richards
8. Shane Warne
9. Jack Hobbs
10. Brian Lara

Considering every format of the game, giving tests more importance.

Last edited:

Patience and Accuracy+Gut

State Vice-Captain
1. Donald Bradman
2. Garfield Sobers
3. W.G Grace
4. Imran Khan
5. Jack Hobbs
6. Malcolm Marshall
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Glenn McGrath
9. Walter Hammond
10. Richard Hadlee

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Each round will be open for 48 hours.
Is the idea that the first round gives us a top ten and we then move on to pick 11-20, etc.?
Anyway, I'll vote for

Don Bradman
WG Grace
Gary Sobers
Muttiah Muralitharan
Imran Khan
Richard Hadlee
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Jack Hobbs
Viv Richards

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Is the idea that the first round gives us a top ten and we then move on to pick 11-20, etc.?
Anyway, I'll vote for

Don Bradman
WG Grace
Gary Sobers
Muttiah Muralitharan
Imran Khan
Richard Hadlee
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Jack Hobbs
Viv Richards
Exactly that.

kyear2

International Coach
Sir Garfield Sobers
Sir Donald Bradman
Malcolm Marshall
Sir John Hobbs
Sir Richard Hadlee
Glenn McGrath
Sachin Tendulkar
Sir IVA Richards
Imran Khan
Shane Warne

sayon basak

State Regular
Okay if someone has a player outside his top ten but that player qualifies for the top ten then how would that work? Then will he have to remove that player from his rankings? And suppose I voted for a player that didn't get into the top ten. Then would I have to vote for him in the second round?

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Okay if someone has a player outside his top ten but that player qualifies for the top ten then how would that work? Then will he have to remove that player from his rankings? And suppose I voted for a player that didn't get into the top ten. Then would I have to vote for him in the second round?
If someone you voted for didn't make into the current round, you will have to vote for them again in the next round. Vice versa, if someone you didn't vote makes here, you will not longer vote for them.