• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bradman Connection Draft

Patience and Accuracy+Gut

State Vice-Captain
Len Darling. 5780 @42.5

Nearly scored a century in Bodyline series getting bowled out by Verity at 85. Shows his potential to play fast bowling.

Edrich
Hassett*
Iftikhar Khan
Paynter
Darling
Allen (2)
Tallon+
Larwood (1)
Clark (4)
O’Reilly (3)

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Freddie Martin
@AndrewB

Probably won't matter but some FC stats of some of the lesser known players

●Freddie Martin
(West Indies & Jamaica) (LHB ,Left Arm off spin)
3589 FC runs @37.77
74 wickets @42.55.
Fun Fact - Scored a hundred and took 4 wickets
In his final Test match which came in a win against Bradman's Australia in 1931.
Career cut short because of the war.

●James 'Jim' Christy
(South Africa & Transvaal , Queensland) (RHB, Part Time Medium Pace)
3670 FC runs @37.07.

Fun Fact - Played Sheffield Shield Cricket in Australia for Queensland

●Ken Viljoen
(South Africa & Transvaal,Orange Free State, Griqualand West)
(Right Hand Bat) (Part-Time off spin)
7964 FC runs @43.28

Fun Fact : One of the greatest cricket administrators in South Africa's Currie Cup history, especially for Transvaal which became the most feared state team in the country.

●Robert 'Bob' Wyatt
(England & Warwickshire,Worcestershire)
Right Hand Bat
Right Arm medium
39405 FC runs @ 40.04
990 wickets @32.84

Fun Fact: England Captain and served as a soldier for the RAF in World War 2

●Eric Dalton
(South Africa & Natal)
Right Hand Bat
Wristspinner

5333 runs @33.12
139 wickets @25.81

Fun Fact : Multi talented sportsman , played golf , bowls , tennis ..Played a big role in South Africa's first ever test win in England .

●George Geary
Right Hand Bat
Right Arm fast medium
2063 FC wickets @20.03
13503 runs @19.79.

Fun Fact: A great coach who mentored Peter May , survived a helicopter accident in World War 2

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
Final team:
Len Hutton c
Jack Fingleton
Frank Woolley
Phil Mead
Ross Gregory
Hemu Adhikari
Maurice Tate
Walter Robins
Ivan Barrow
Bill Voce
Sandy Bell

Last edited:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
We are well into Round 11.
Here are the selections to date.
Don't forget to list your batting order - together with any notes - when your XI is finalised.

AndrewBataraxiaBitmapcapt_LuffyFuller Pilch
J.GregoryJ.HobbsH.SutcliffeD.ComptonK.Miller
N.HarveyV.HazareC.GrimmettA.BedserS.McCabe
S.BarnesL.ConstantineA.MorrisV.MankadL.Ames
K.FarnesP.HendrenB.IronmongerH.TaylorH.Griffith
A.JacksonB.OldfieldE.McCormickS.NicholsC.Mcool
K.DuleepsinhjiD.JardineS.LoxtonE.TyldeslyB.Woodfull
A.KippaxC.VincentJ.Hardstaff jnrG.FrancisC.Walters
D.PhadkarT.WallG.DuckworthJ.BadcockC.Barnett
B.DoolandE.HolliesD.RingP.GibbL.Nash
F.WhiteD.MorkelP.ChapmanT.GoddardC.Fleetwood-Smith
A.WoodN.Yardley
Kenneth ViljoenLine and LengthPatience & Accuracy +PothasTeuton
G.HeadleyR.LindwallB.O'ReillyW.HammondL.Hutton
H.VerityB.JohnstonH.LarwoodJ.LakerM.Tate
B.BowesB.MitchellL.HassettB.PonsfordF.Woolley
G.EvansJ.CameronG.AllenE.ToshackB.Voce
G.GearyI.JohnsonE.PaynterM.LeylandW.Robins
J.RyderB.BrownB.EdrichC.WashbrookP.Mead
B.WyattA.FairfaxD.TallonC.KellawayJ.Fingleton
K.ViljoenL.ArmanathIftikhar Ali KhanI.PeeblesS.Bell
J.ChristyK.RiggN.ClarkB.BarnettR.Gregory
E.DaltonA.ChipperfieldL.DarlingA.WatkinsHemu Adhikari
F.MartinI.Barrow

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Vinoo Mankad
Paul Gibb (wk)
Ernest Tyldesly
Herbie Taylor
Denis Compton
Jack Badcock
Norman Yardley (c)
Stan Nichols
Alec Bedser
George Francis
Tom Goddard

Mankad averages 40+ in Test matches while opening over a decent sample size, with centuries in Australia against the invincibles and the famous 184 at Lord's. Partnering him, I have Paul Gibb, a decent keeper who averages 44 in Tests and close to 60 while opening. Played more matches as a batsman and might had played more in Ames' absence. I have a solid middle order with Tyldesly, Taylor and Compton, none warranting any introductions, and following them I have Badcock. He is said to be one of the only 3 batsmen getting consistently the better of O'Reilly, averages 51 in FC. Norman Yardley at 7 is one of the finest Yorkshire captains. A gritty batsman, his 25 Test average doesn't really do justice to his game. Stan Nichols, said to be one of the best allrounder in the mid War period, a 30 averaging hard hitting lefty at 8 gives my batting sufficient depth. In bowling, Sir Alec Bedser is the best bowler imo Don played against in Test matches. To complement his medium pace swings, I have George Francis. The first great Caribbean pacer, when he first toured England in 1923, he put England in a daze, became a sensation and helped in WI getting Test status. A fiery WI pacer, by the time WI got Test status he was past his prime, but still ended up with a quite good Test career and was very instrumental in WI's first Test victory. Averages 33 in Tests and 23 in FC. The aforementioned Nichols comes as first change with genuine high pace. Averages 28 in Tests and 21 in FC. Norman Yardley, who once got Don's wicket 3 innings in a row with his gentle medium pace, acts as the fourth pacer. Averages 33 in Tests and 30 in FC. For the spinners, I have a classic pair of finger spinners. Mankad, my SLA, being India's first great Test spinner, his average takes a hit for somewhat lack of support. Averages 32 in Tests and 24 in FC. Partnering him I have the offie Tom Goddard. England's finest offie pre War and one of the 10 highest Wicket takers in FC, played only 8 Test matches but did quite well in them. Averages 26 in Tests and 20 in FC. If needed, Compton can also chime in with his more than useful SLA.

Last edited: