• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top five Slippers (slip fielders) you've seen..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
among the Indians, Azhar, Dravid, Laxman were all awesome in my time of watching. Surprisingly, Kapil and Prabhakar were good at the slips too.

Slifer

International Captain
How did I miss this post:

Viv
Richie
Hooper
Lloyd
Lara

Outside the WI:

Mark Waugh
Taylor
Warne
Etc

Bolo.

International Captain
Jayawardene was easily the best Asian slip fielder imo.
I can't recall seeing better against spin, and that is without accounting for the fact that fielding 1st slip to Murali bowling an obnoxious amount of SLs overs may be the toughest job a slip has ever had.

kyear2

International Coach
How did I miss this post:

Viv
Richie
Hooper
Lloyd
Lara

Outside the WI:

Mark Waugh
Taylor
Warne
Etc
West Indies
Sobers
Lloyd
Richards
Richardson
Hooper

Australia
Simpson
Taylor
Waugh Jr
Ponting
G. Chappell

South Africa
Barlow
Kallis
Procter
McMillan
Richards

England
Hammond
Botham
Hick
Cowdrey
Flintoff

New Zealand
Coney
Crowe
Flemming
Taylor
Latham

SC
Azharudhin
Jayawardene
Younis
Dravid
Laxman

Coronis

International Coach
West Indies
Sobers
Lloyd
Richards
Richardson
Hooper

Australia
Simpson
Taylor
Waugh Jr
Ponting
G. Chappell

South Africa
Barlow
Kallis
Procter
McMillan
Richards

England
Hammond
Botham
Hick
Cowdrey
Flintoff

New Zealand
Coney
Crowe
Flemming
Taylor
Latham

SC
Azharudhin
Jayawardene
Younis
Dravid
Laxman
This does not really help your rep.

kyear2

International Coach
This does not really help your rep.
Struggled for 5 names for England, and NZ somewhat.Could only come up with 2 from Pak, 1 from SL, though could have used Sunny for India.

If anyone wants to infer anything from that, then fine.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Re NZ

Bryan Young who was an ex-keeper and famous for putting the ball in his pocket aftwr taking a catch was another excellent slipper. Southee, for an opening bowler who is often bowling or at 3rd man/fine leg is also very good.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I believe that was his last series. Might even have been his last Test match. Was in shocking batting form too. Should have been dropped at least year beforehand

kyear2

International Coach
I believe that was his last series. Might even have been his last Test match. Was in shocking batting form too. Should have been dropped at least year beforehand
Don't think it was his last because I recall watching the match after and it being referenced and he was again back to himself.