• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wasim Akram vs. Waqar Younis vs. Imran Khan

How would you rate them in terms of bowling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Lillee, if transported as a 16 year old into the year 2006 or something, would have access to different training, nutrition, better video analysis, etc, and he would have to adapt his game to these new things. Maybe he would, or maybe he woul be put off by some of the differences, we don't know.

However, with all that said, the approach to bowling fast that he had would be virtually the same as from his time. And with all the potential improvements mentioned the end result might be 3-5 kph faster speed, i.e. virtually the same (that too only if he felt it best suited to his new game, his pace from that time is perfectly within range for so called fast-medium bowlers now, as is).

That is far from what can be said for Barnes, whose very style of bowling is extinct in modern cricket (and with good reason). The history of cricket includes a spectrum of techniques, and saw a big transformation, especially in the early half of the 20th century, but the optimization of the professional Era somewhat locked into place the range of skillsets and techniques we see on a cricket pitch. No one is held back anymore, and the only major changes have been safety equipment, and an increase in batting aggression. These are not aspects which professional Era players would not be able to adapt to, on the whole. (I will caveat that I do think the overall quality and skill displayed at the highest level of cricket is always improving incrementally, that's why you'd have to time travel a player in a development stage, rather than as they were in career, to make it fair as I do believe the older player would be generally disadvantaged in skill.)
That’s a good comment 👍 well thought

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Waqar would unironically won't be able to play for more than a season. Barnes' fast legcutters will work perfectly fine.
Experienced Cricketers also usually never comment too much on players they never saw play. But @capt_Luffy can predict how lethal were those leg cutters bowled by Barnes and also predict how Waqar cannot survive in that era. Stupidity has no cure 😂

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Coming from someone who got banned from a thread for spamming baseless conspiracy theory of cricket's origin in India.....
banned because I defended Imran Khan to be in an All Time XI which people like @Coronis strongly disagree and said Imran used Pakistan Umpires to win matches.

I defended saying that neutral umpires were not introduced untill 1992 so its not fair to call only imran khan had that advantage.

Then Coronis and kyears2 said it is easy to master reverse swing and any bowler can swing the ball today as they have good knowledge about it so don't need to take Imran Khan in an All Time XI.

I said apply the same logic to Shane Warne as we have lot of knowledge how to bowl leg spin and then suddenly someone blocked me in that thread.

So some people in ATG thread when they defamed Imran and his achievements they are still using the thread and when I targeted Shane Warne suddenly I am a racist and deserved to be banned from that thread.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
banned because I defended Imran Khan to be in an All Time XI which people like @Coronis strongly disagree and said Imran used Pakistan Umpires to win matches.

I defended saying that neutral umpires were not introduced untill 1992 so its not fair to call only imran khan had that advantage.

Then Coronis and kyears2 said it is easy to master reverse swing and any bowler can swing the ball today as they have good knowledge about it so don't need to take Imran Khan in an All Time XI.

I said apply the same logic to Shane Warne as we have lot of knowledge how to bowl leg spin and then suddenly someone blocked me in that thread.

So some people in ATG thread when they defamed Imran and his achievements they are still using the thread and when I targeted Shane Warne suddenly I am a racist and deserved to be banned from that thread.@
Nope, I and Subs had the Imran discussion with Kyear, in a thread we really shouldn't had for so long and ultimately didn't came anywhere close to any agreement and didn't really expected to. But we still did everything respectfully and didn't came down to cheap personal meaningless insults. That too considering we have interacted with each other several times before. Your banning had more to do with your stupid conspiracy theory and constant rants about those. Warne incident just tipped the scale. Not to mention Coronis had nothing, absolutely nothing on the Imran discussion.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Nope, I and Subs had the Imran discussion with Kyear, in a thread we really shouldn't had for so long and ultimately didn't came anywhere close to any agreement and didn't really expected to. But we still did everything respectfully and didn't came down to cheap personal meaningless insults. That too considering we have interacted with each other several times before. Your banning had more to do with your stupid conspiracy theory and constant rants about those. Warne incident just tipped the scale.
it is not a stupid conspiracy theory and I already said I will not discuss that in that thread long back. You are just good racists who brand people as racists who don't support Cricketers of your choice and manipulate these global moderators to ban them.

If you are real men you should face a conversation bravely and stop pulling people down by banning them.

You people are habituated to listen to British Version of Cricket History and if others come up with something different its a conspiracy theory.

Coronis

International Coach

So some people in ATG thread when they defamed Imran and his achievements they are still using the thread and when I targeted Shane Warne suddenly I am a racist and deserved to be banned from that thread.
Thanks for dragging my name into that. I-I’ve always wanted to have the courage to say Imran benefitted from home umpires…but never could.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Thanks for dragging my name into that. I-I’ve always wanted to have the courage to say Imran benefitted from home umpires…but never could.
the point is not that, why someone banned me in ATG Thread ? when I am giving my perspective ? and already gave you good points regarding Imran in that thread so don't need to repeat it here. Neutral Umpires were introduced in 1992 and made mandatory in 1994. So pointing out only Imran had home advantage was false. So they never banned you for going against Imran but I was banned for questioning about Warne. This is not racism ?

Coronis

International Coach
the point is not that, why someone banned me in ATG Thread ? when I am giving my perspective ? and already gave you good points regarding Imran in that thread so don't need to repeat it here. Neutral Umpires were introduced in 1992 and made mandatory in 1994. So pointing out only Imran had home advantage was false. So they never banned you for going against Imran but I was banned for questioning about Warne. This is not racism ?
Then stop saying pointless things. And please, please stop tagging me in your posts.

CricketFan90s

State Vice-Captain
Then stop saying pointless things. And please, please stop tagging me in your posts.
excuse me you will never answer my genuine question I know that. what is pointless in the comments I made ?. It is you who came to this thread and started again a conversation with me you forget that ?

capt_Luffy

International Captain
it is not a stupid conspiracy theory and I already said I will not discuss that in that thread long back. You are just good racists who brand people as racists who don't support Cricketers of your choice and manipulate these global moderators to ban them.

If you are real men you should face a conversation bravely and stop pulling people down by banning them.

You people are habituated to listen to British Version of Cricket History and if others come up with something different its a conspiracy theory.
The one playing the race card when provided proofs and facts that history isn't owned by your dad...... Didn't even check my nationality before calling me racist to Indians smh.