• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

redalert

Cricket Spectator
I don't want to be "recency bias" but Narine must surely be considered one of the GOATs of the T20 format? He is lethal with bat and even more lethal with ball and has done it for many years and wth great success both in franchise cricket and internationally. He is currently top 6 in both purple and orange cap leaderboard and is fantasy points MVP this season at age 35. Serious question, Narine top 3 T20 all time? Given T20 is a relatively new format as well. This guy is a living legend, think he will get more credit post-career than he gets just now.

vmaddy

Cricket Spectator
Chris Gayle used to be good at it- used to be pretty handy with the ball.. I fondly remember A Morkel doing some good job for CSK..

vmaddy

Cricket Spectator
There are bowlers who could bat (Dwayne Bravo, Glenn Maxwell), batters who could bowl (Chris Gayle, Russell).. Very rare are those who could impact with both bowl and bat as Narine has here.. I feel Rashid Khan has a lot of batting in him that is not often used.. Shane Watson used to be really good at both back in the 2000's..

redalert

Cricket Spectator
This is what I mean. You get guys who are A+ in one department and still good B+ in the other department and you get guys like Curran who are solid in both departments without being spectacular. Narine is different though, he is elite in both aspects of the game. I suppose fielding also really matters which is why guys like Jadeja and Russell are also probably top 10 T20 all time. Narine is an excellent fielder too, he has always been very accurate with throwing at the stumps.

I think Gayle has to be considered 1st all time T20 but Narine is right up there with him.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is what I mean. You get guys who are A+ in one department and still good B+ in the other department and you get guys like Curran who are solid in both departments without being spectacular. Narine is different though, he is elite in both aspects of the game. I suppose fielding also really matters which is why guys like Jadeja and Russell are also probably top 10 T20 all time. Narine is an excellent fielder too, he has always been very accurate with throwing at the stumps.

I think Gayle has to be considered 1st all time T20 but Narine is right up there with him.
Jadeja absolutely isn't top 10 all time in T20s. I doubt he's been top 10 in the world for any noteworthy length of time during his career.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't want to be "recency bias" but Narine must surely be considered one of the GOATs of the T20 format? He is lethal with bat and even more lethal with ball and has done it for many years and wth great success both in franchise cricket and internationally. He is currently top 6 in both purple and orange cap leaderboard and is fantasy points MVP this season at age 35. Serious question, Narine top 3 T20 all time? Given T20 is a relatively new format as well. This guy is a living legend, think he will get more credit post-career than he gets just now.
He throws lol. Even if you think he doesn’t do it now you have to wipe out a significant chunk of his career where he did. I think he doesn’t get picked for internationals because of this.