• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Loved this Wrestlemania match and the storytelling..

Also how insane is this Brainbuster from Sami Zayn towards the end of the match?
That really should be a finisher. It looks absolutely devastating.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think that used to be his finisher when he was El Generico

I think they had him drop it when he joined NXT because...erm.. it's probably unnecessarily dangerous to be doing every week.

Shri

Mr. Glass
raw after mania was more fun when wwe went against the fans' wants and the heat was nuclear

roman face run after mania was insane

don't like everyone happy and ****

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I am somewhat torn on Samantha Irving. I often think she's ****ing great, but sometimes I just find her a little irritating.

Heboric

International Debutant
Oh wrestling when you are bad you are absolutely terrible

Vince rewriting my countries history :crazy: :crazy:

---------------------------------​

Meh pity it wasnt Giulia from Stardom. oh well cant have them all

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What is the deal with her? I never understood why their social media had so much content on her.
Triple H said that she's like a superstar, so that's one of the reasons the camera (sometimes phone videos for social media) gets on her. She's a former America's Got Talent contestant, vocalist, musician (saw her play the flute some time last week.) Being the spouse of a wrestler also gets her some cred.

Idk, she's popular and that is what sells (See: Logan Paul)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Triple H said that she's like a superstar, so that's one of the reasons the camera (sometimes phone videos for social media) gets on her. She's a former America's Got Talent contestant, vocalist, musician (saw her play the flute some time last week.) Being the spouse of a wrestler also gets her some cred.

Idk, she's popular and that is what sells (See: Logan Paul)
I remember back in the late 90s, someone wrote a piece on Sportstar (a sports magazine in India) where they said Anna Kournikova and David Beckham were not even examples of sportstars who were popular for their looks, they were just popular because they were popular. As neither was that good at their sport anyways, at least not a world top 5 level or something. This seems to be something like that?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember back in the late 90s, someone wrote a piece on Sportstar (a sports magazine in India) where they said Anna Kournikova and David Beckham were not even examples of sportstars who were popular for their looks, they were just popular because they were popular. As neither was that good at their sport anyways, at least not a world top 5 level or something. This seems to be something like that?
Yeah, I look at this a way that an opening was there and they (WWE) were looking for someone fill that role. I'm speculating here, she probably impressed someone with her audition of ring announcer...also, this is a much different time than say print media...she's a polarizing figure...but she's got all the backing from management to do her stuff, even though it's in its infancy.

Himannv

International Coach
Quite fair that Becks was not exactly the best player of all time or anything like that, but it wasn’t just about his looks. He was second in the Ballon d’Or rankings in 1999 and twice runner up for World Player of the Year. In terms of dead ball situations and crosses, I think he probably ranks quite highly even in an all-time context in addition to being quite a gritty hard working player. Not just a pretty face in my view.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I would take issue with this re: Beckham tbh. He wasn't exactly a generational talent, perhaps, but he was definitely a top tier player.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Quite fair that Becks was not exactly the best player of all time or anything like that, but it wasn’t just about his looks. He was second in the Ballon d’Or rankings in 1999 and twice runner up for World Player of the Year. In terms of dead ball situations and crosses, I think he probably ranks quite highly even in an all-time context in addition to being quite a gritty hard working player. Not just a pretty face in my view.
I would take issue with this re: Beckham tbh. He wasn't exactly a generational talent, perhaps, but he was definitely a top tier player.
I will take your word for it, I am not a football fan. But its what that author felt. I brought it up more in the spirit of people being famous coz they are famous than actually being really good or great at something. :)

Though @Himannv , I have heard that Becks was the Sangakkara of football? :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I will take your word for it, I am not a football fan. But its what that author felt. I brought it up more in the spirit of people being famous coz they are famous than actually being really good or great at something. :)

Though @Himannv , I have heard that Becks was the Sangakkara of football? :ph34r:
Tbf Beckham was better at being a media star than he ever was at being a footballer. But that's more a comment on how good he was at the former than a comment on his ability as the latter.

Also worth noting that Logan Paul is also actually genuinely really good at pro wrestling, to give him his due. Remarkably so, in fact.