• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Debate thread for 2024 ranking of bowlers poll

Xix2565

International Regular
Wut? No it doesn't

No it doesn't. I literally just said there are multiple factors. You're the one trying to deny one of the most observable changes in modern cricket. More than one thing can be true.
You keep not mentioning it, so what am I supposed to assume here? Why keep mentioning T20 then as the point to bring up in this regard?

Again, you keep making a claim based on observation, not an observation itself. If you don't show how the claim works, then it's going to get called out as a poor claim.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
... and of course you saw Miller and are qualified to make such comments.
With all due respect, we cannot take comments from those who saw him play at face value too due to nostalgia factor. Having been brought up seeing cricket in the 90s, to me, most batsmen and bowler of those times would deem better compared to current batsmen and bowlers.

Socerer 01

International Captain
You keep not mentioning it, so what am I supposed to assume here? Why keep mentioning T20 then as the point to bring up in this regard?

Again, you keep making a claim based on observation, not an observation itself. If you don't show how the claim works, then it's going to get called out as a poor claim.
TJB’s outlook makes sense when you remember that he has been watching Head bat and score runs at test level for years now

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Sorry I really don't understand what you mean. You want "evidence" that mean Test batting techniques have changed as a result of the emergence of T20 cricket and batsmen are on average less able to handle difficult batting conditions? What sort of "evidence" do you want? People watch cricket and can see it, it's not thay deep

Xix2565

International Regular
Sorry I really don't understand what you mean. You want "evidence" that mean Test batting techniques have changed as a result of the emergence of T20 cricket and batsmen are on average less able to handle difficult batting conditions? What sort of "evidence" do you want? People watch cricket and can see it, it's not thay deep
If it's so easy to see then it shouldn't be difficult to bring up clips, articles and breakdowns on how batters have been struggling because they play too much T20 cricket. Otherwise it's essentially meaningless because assumptions =/= facts.

TheJediBrah

If it's so easy to see then it shouldn't be difficult to bring up clips, articles and breakdowns on how batters have been struggling because they play too much T20 cricket.
lmao you can't be serious

you still haven't explained why you want this. I didn't see the start of this discussion but there's got to be some agenda motivating your refusal to acknowledge this. Is it about rating modern bowlers higher?

Xix2565

International Regular
lmao you can't be serious

you still haven't explained why you want this. I didn't see the start of this discussion but there's got to be some agenda motivating your refusal to acknowledge this. Is it about rating modern bowlers higher?
Are you serious? If you make statements that don't make sense then of course I'm going to ask for proof that they do in fact make sense. Not that difficult to figure out IMO.

TheJediBrah

Are you serious? If you make statements that don't make sense then of course I'm going to ask for proof that they do in fact make sense. Not that difficult to figure out IMO.
Bro this is absolutely absurd. I'm not just "making statements" out of nowhere this is a widely accepted factor of modern cricket. No one is going to find clips or some impossible evidence to prove it to you because why would they?

Anyway just be honest about why you're taking this stance. You want to rate a modern bowler higher and the idea that modern Test bats might be "worse" is being used against your argument, right? I know you're not just taking this stance out of nowhere