• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most dominant team in cricket

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
With Mumbai again winning the Ranji title this year, which team do you think has dominated the most in the respective structure they have played? Below are my nominations.

Invincibles
Windies 70s/80s team
Aussie 90s/00s team
Women's Australia 00's team
Mumbai
New South Wales
Barbados

Any other? Once we have a list of teams, I can put up a poll.

Coronis

International Coach
NSW in the sheffield shield

9 consecutive titles 53/54-61/62
14/18 titles between 48/49-65/66, 2 2nd places, 2 3rd places

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Since 1934, Mumbai has won the Ranji trophy 42 times out of 89. For close to a hundred years, now that's dominance. Then considering that Mumbai is around 5500 times smaller than India....

Socerer 01

International Captain
if we’re going by domestic dominance then Bombay won every Ranji Trophy from 1959 till 1973

between 1956 and 1977 they failed to win only on 2 occasions as Karnataka won in 1974 and Baroda won in 1958

from 1949-1985:

they missed out on the title on only 11 occasions

Arachnodouche

International Captain
If you went by just his first three years in Test cricket and the promise he obviously had, he'd be right in that mix. Still a mystery why he could never cut it but he's a prick so I don't feel bad about it.