• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Recency bias is a thing but Davies game looks far more sustainable than JFM in red ball stuff

I am yet to see a consistent player who swings from the hip from ball 1 and I have seen a lot of cricket over the years

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't he struggle against pace in some of his early BBL games, or was that Sangha I'm thinking of?

Anyway, kid looks decent. Hope he moves up to four for NSW asap and kicks on. Be a handy middle order option for the national side if he live sup to his hype.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't he struggle against pace in some of his early BBL games, or was that Sangha I'm thinking of?

Anyway, kid looks decent. Hope he moves up to four for NSW asap and kicks on. Be a handy middle order option for the national side if he live sup to his hype.
Short stuff gave him a fair few issues early career. Unsure where that's at now.

ataraxia

International Coach
lol I'm watching some wicket highlights and wow, these are commentators with half the game awareness of Scotty Stevenson. Studio comms, I guess, but still fairly shocking. The Street first-innings dismissal and Edwards dismissal are just :lol:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Some of the media talk around the batting order are so dumb. Like, head can't buy a run batting at 5, so let's make HIM open, because clearly an out of form head has something that Smith doesn't. Its like people have forgotten the reason head opened in india was because he couldn't play spin in Asia to SA his life at the time, opening in SENA is a different story.

Don't even get me started on moving Smith back to 4 and pushing green back down the order. Green is the best number 4 in the shield and since moving their at test level he's averaged 50 in a run of tests where noene else in our lineup could buy a run. Despite that, people seem to think making green move back down the order when he finally looks like translating to international level so 34 YO Smith can prolonge his career. Like, green at 4 is one of the few parts of out batting I feel slightly comfortable with, why **** with that to fix another issue. Even swapping Smith and head is a smarter idea.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Smith is being moved anywhere, it should be to 5 or 6

Australia’s problem starts and pretty much ends with the openers and that’s been the case for a few years now

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see Bartlett scoring some runs as he’s got some talent and could become another Neser in time
His development has been really impressive. Skipped himself way up the queue across formats recently. Anyone else hoping for a Paris international return or just me? He's been staying fit longer and longer recently and has played pretty much every WA shield game this season without issue. I think he'd be an upgrade on starc in red ball RN..

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Paris has the 3rd lowest shield bowling average ever (over 100 wickets). He's got the best bowling average (over 100 wickets) of any shield bowler post 1960.