• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean that's just dumb. Clearly the plan is to attack Southee which is fair enough, but maybe take a look first?
It's the modern way. Truly, it is. It's insanity. You bat for 3 sessions, you win - no questions asked. Then Head plays that shot first up. It's just madness. You score quickly anyway...why the hell would you do that?

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Some quite terrible cricket this morning, though great to have the wicket of Head.

Not sure why he's at point. Where was Phillips, gully?

Also next time we add a new player to the team, we could really use a good slip/gully.
Hmm maybe that's why they chose SP. When he grabs them he doesn't let them go.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I just don't get how there can be any justification for the fielding. It's literally their job, they've been playing since they were babies, you have all the time in the world to practice. The muscle memory on that Rachin catch, he should catch that in his sleep. He's a batsman, his eyes are good, he can clearly move OK, there's no excuse. The real draught horses like Ish, Chris Martin etc, I kinda get it...but when guys are dropping catches in the prime of their lives, it's just horse rubbish.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We can’t even make them pay for drops now. What the **** has happened to our batting?
I think they're just idiots. One of the most basic things you do when playing a shot like that is it's either into the ground, or over the top. You don't try to hit through the field at a catchable height. It's not like the bowler was sending it down at 145kph and it was all reaction with no control. They were both short of a length, at less than 130, nothing balls and they had the time to do whatever they wanted with them.

It's the toxic modern way of supporting your players to a fault no matter what they do. No accountability for failure and when they **** up "oh well that's how he plays". They've gone from overly disciplinarian Langer to a yes-man in McDonald who just baby sits the players while they run amock

thierry henry

International Coach
I just don't get how there can be any justification for the fielding. It's literally their job, they've been playing since they were babies, you have all the time in the world to practice. The muscle memory on that Rachin catch, he should catch that in his sleep. He's a batsman, his eyes are good, he can clearly move OK, there's no excuse. The real draught horses like Ish, Chris Martin etc, I kinda get it...but when guys are dropping catches in the prime of their lives, it's just horse rubbish.
Reckon Rachin is pretty draught horse-y tbh. Quite a comical running style.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think they're just idiots. One of the most basic things you do when playing a shot like that is it's either into the ground, or over the top. You don't try to hit through the field at a catchable height. It's not like the bowler was sending it down at 145kph and it was all reaction with no control. They were both short of a length, at less than 130, nothing balls and they had the time to do whatever they wanted with them.

It's the toxic modern way of supporting your players to a fault no matter what they do. No accountability for failure and when they **** up "oh well that's how he plays". They've gone from overly disciplinarian Langer to a yes-man in McDonald who just baby sits the players while they run amock
‘That’s just what you get from an attacking player’